• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

A track right over eastern NC would favor us big time. I was honestly shocked the run only dropped 7-10 inches here. A 970 low west of the OBX would be a mixed bag all the way to Burlington.
That's some serious convective feedback issues. It's been struggling with that a bit. That track would work out pretty well for the mountains. Would toss way more moisture back this way than that run showed.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BooneWX said:

A track right over eastern NC would favor us big time. I was honestly shocked the run only dropped 7-10 inches here. A 970 low west of the OBX would be a mixed bag all the way to Burlington.

Yea, just a passing glance but it looked like it had little to no ensemble support on either model. Going to be an interesting few days.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Looks like the weekend storm is coming back to us a bit.

Also Robert thinks we could see some elevation dependent snow tomorrow under the jet streak.

I hope so. Too early to give up hope but it’s been looking I-95 ish the last few days. 

on the flip, I highly doubt something so amped stays so far out to sea. If it comes in as strong as some ensembles show, it’s going to hug the coast, if not go inland a bit. 

I hope so. Too early to give up hope but it’s been looking I-95 ish the last few days. 

on the flip, I highly doubt something so amped stays so far out to sea. If it comes in as strong as some ensembles show, it’s going to hug the coast, if not go inland a bit. 
That also depends if it phases with the trough, if it does it would follow the gradient

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sandstorm94 said:

That also depends if it phases with the trough, if it does it would follow the gradient

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

Selfishly im rooting for an early phase :D

but if y’all pull off a historic storm right after this weekend, I’ll be cheering strongly for everyone down east.

• Like 3

WPC updated 5 day graphic has introduced a snow chance for the Mountains. 
1180739427_prbww_sn25_DAY5_conus(1).gif.764d26ed08c2aa0ce3d60dff8b319931.gif
I would think that regardless of phase location we'll see at minimum a nice NWFS event on the backside. Even the Euro wraps some moisture around and it's the latest phase of the globals right now.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I left Beech yesterday and all that snow from a week ago seemed to be showing no signs of going anywhere anytime soon.  Still a really good scene up there.  
IMG_3342.JPG.ee39df764d04381553b562aefabd9a6c.JPG
I still have about 8-10" in my yard in Wolf. I think there's been more sublimation than melting this week.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Upstream here in western Oklahoma this week, light snow forecast tonight and tomorrow from one of the pieces of energy that leads to the storm back home.  I’ll let y’all know if it overperforms here, might have implications down the line for there.  Still had some snow hanging around at the house (surprising because of the WSW slope I’m on) when I left yesterday morning but yesterday’s 47 and today already being 45 I’m sure it’s bit the dust.  

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic