• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Awesome photos @Buckethead , those are magazine worthy and really showcase how late the rut runs up here in the mountains. Weather, botanical and animal species, animal behavior, etc., we really an entirely different beast than the rest of the state.  This week is setting up to be something we talk about a while.

• Like 3

Awesome photos [mention=2505]Buckethead[/mention] , those are magazine worthy and really showcase how late the rut runs up here in the mountains. Weather, botanical and animal species, animal behavior, etc., we really an entirely different beast than the rest of the state.  This week is setting up to be something we talk about a while.
Thank you for the compliment, I do my best but honestly it's not hard to take beautiful shots here!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, LiQuiDBuD said:

I've lived in Cashiers and Glenville for the last 35 years and I can't remember a single time there were back-to-back weekends with big dog snowstorms. Has my memory just completely failed or is this truly anomalous?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Don't remember specifically about consecutive weekends but winter of 09/10 was epically snowy.

• Like 1

I've lived in Cashiers and Glenville for the last 35 years and I can't remember a single time there were back-to-back weekends with big dog snowstorms. Has my memory just completely failed or is this truly anomalous?

I vaguely remember back to back ice storms in January 2000 in GA when I was little. No clue what happened in NC or if they were actually back to back weekends or just really close together.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

I vaguely remember back to back ice storms in January 2000 in GA when I was little. No clue what happened in NC or if they were actually back to back weekends or just really close together.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

How’s Foscoe? 
It’s still coming down here atm.  

19 minutes ago, WeatherHawk said:

How’s Foscoe? 
It’s still coming down here atm.  

Tapered off to flurries around 4 or so and they're still flittering around. We don't usually do much with NWF. Just crazy windy still, even in our little wind hole here beneath Seven Devils. 
Not sure exactly how much we wound up with because the wind blew it around but I measured between 9-11" in the yard with 15+" drifts. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tacoma said:

Hunter Ward saying possible foot of snow for WNC Friday and Saturday, that it looks to be a longer duration storm than this last one, two pieces of energy with the main storm coming out of the Gulf across up the coast.

Yeah it looks like a great overrunning even for us. I'd be careful posting about us getting hammered here in the mountains in the main thread. You may get ran out lol jk.

2 hours ago, LiQuiDBuD said:

09/10 we had several.  10/11 was great for the first half. I'm sure we had some back in the 80's and 90's too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buckethead said:

17° with moderate snow still falling. What a day! I'm around 18" for the storm total now, and if that wasn't enough I got to watch some rutting in the backyard a while ago.eeadc5a1743737f2417aaca2c4103964.jpg1d108470e5870ae7010fcda47d231dc8.jpg101c83d1e197ba2504573d9d0883f8e5.jpg

Buckethead, I am in love with all the pictures you post. You have got to be in one of the best spots in the southeast for upslope snow and just awesome wildlife. I follow you on Instagram as well. I need to come stay with you on one of these NWFS setups. Truly enjoy your pictures and posts. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BhamParker said:

Buckethead, I am in love with all the pictures you post. You have got to be in one of the best spots in the southeast for upslope snow and just awesome wildlife. I follow you on Instagram as well. I need to come stay with you on one of these NWFS setups. Truly enjoy your pictures and posts. 

I’ve got a buddy with an Airbnb up there if you are serious about it sometime, don’t know if it’s up as high as Buckethead though.

• Thanks 1

The door's open! Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I think I do live in a great upslope spot. I'm less than a mile from the TN life right along the spine of the Apps.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic