• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Incredibly windy here in Black Mountain this morning.  The windows were rattling at various times over night.  Want to get back out and go sledding again, but it looks bitterly cold out there.

It snowed quite a bit more last night, but I can’t tell for certain how much because the wind has once again blown it all around.  So, we have somewhere between 10 and 12 inches of snowfall here for a final count.  Awesomeness!

• Like 3

The amount of bitterness and pure hate for us in the upcoming storm thread is palpable. Remind me to never root for the triangle again when the next ULL comes through and shafts the Lee. Anyways. Enjoyed tracking this storm with you all and looking forward to the next one! Lets ride! :scooter:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, BooneWX said:

The amount of disdain and pure hate for us in the upcoming storm thread is palpable. Remind me to never root for the triangle again when the next ULL comes through and shafts the Lee. Anyways. Enjoyed tracking this storm with you all and looking forward to the next one! Lets ride! :scooter:

I’d pay good money for them to never see another snow more than an inch due to their incessant whining.  It really makes me only want to stick to this thread and get my mid-long range discussion from the Tennessee Valley sub.

• Like 6

Can’t tell what’s blowing snow and what’s the light snow and diamond dust that’s been falling pretty much all morning.  It would SLOWLY be adding up if not for the wind.  Temp has been holding steady at 19 even with the sun peaking through and it being past 10 am now.  

• Like 2

The amount of bitterness and pure hate for us in the upcoming storm thread is palpable. Remind me to never root for the triangle again when the next ULL comes through and shafts the Lee. Anyways. Enjoyed tracking this storm with you all and looking forward to the next one! Lets ride! :scooter:
See, where you went wrong was paying them any attention at all. I get my long range disco from Met and Hunter, if neither of them aren't talking about it then it's too far out to think about.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

See, where you went wrong was paying them any attention at all. I get my long range disco from Met and Hunter, if neither of them aren't talking about it then it's too far out to think about.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You’re 100% right. And Hunter, I’m looking forward to your next video update on the weekend potential!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Can’t tell what’s blowing snow and what’s the light snow and diamond dust that’s been falling pretty much all morning.  It would SLOWLY be adding up if not for the wind.  Temp has been holding steady at 19 even with the sun peaking through and it being past 10 am now.  

Same problem here in Black Mountain.  The wind is fierce!  I think most of the snow is just blowing, as most of the snow showers appear confined to the border counties according to radar, but I’m not positive.  Visibility is less than a tenth of a mile right now.  Crazy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Not to belabor the point but it’s all good what people think. I’ve learned you always try to stay positive no matter what. Sometimes that’s hard sometimes it’s even harder.

I’m with you, I wish I would’ve got the big totals some of the others got, but it just didn’t work out. But hey after the torch of December we had any Snow was a win in my book! The max at one time here on the ground is right now which is about 3”. I don’t understand why there so upset we look to be entering a epic pattern.

• Like 2

Snow has shut off here for now and t he sun is out, dark clouds to my NW towards Crabtree Bald. Up to 25, let’s see if the roads are better than yesterday. Forgot to add, had 2.5” on my board I cleared after the sleet and measure 9-10” in spots I thought didn’t have drift issues, so I feel good that 9.5-10” is about what our total ended up as. 

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic