• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Also I think the GFS and Euro did one hell of a job with this storm especially with the lead time.  Those two models did excellent.  The short range model did do ok with the warm nose coming through but we still saw some great totals through the whole viewing area. 

Also a big shout out to all the out of towners who came into our thread. I hope we were proper guests to all the new people and that yall will come back and visit.  Yall definitely were a great addition to this storm. 

Also a big shout out to Ward. He stuck to his guns and he did great. For the complexity of this storm his verification scores were pretty dang on the money.  We are lucky to have him. 

• Like 17

It’s been snowing real fine small flakes at a decent rate ever since it got dark. 

I’ll never forget the Christmas storm of 2010  just outside of gatlinburg. We went to bed with the same type of snow I’m seeing now and got 5+ inches over night. I know that won’t happen here, but man that was an unforgettable NWFS setup that night in sevier county. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Also I think the GFS and Euro did one hell of a job with this storm especially with the lead time.  Those two models did excellent.  The short range model did do ok with the warm nose coming through but we still saw some great totals through the whole viewing area. 

Also a big shout out to all the out of towners who came into our thread. I hope we were proper guests to all the new people and that yall will come back and visit.  Yall definitely were a great addition to this storm. 

Also a big shout out to Ward. He stuck to his guns and he did great. For the complexity of this storm his verification scores were pretty dang on the money.  We are lucky to have him. 

Always appreciate the help and insight from the locals. Y’all are all great. We try to chase one event every year, but I keep up with you guys all winter season. 

I will always be back to this thread when we come up for a chase. Thankful I got to participate. Big shout out to Rainforest who was a wealth of knowledge for our trip up here since he also is in Lake Toxaway. The mountains are a special place and I’m thankful they are only a 4.5 hour drive from my house. Looking forward to seeing the sunrise over the snow and getting out of here once things are safe. 

• Like 7

Light snow still falling, took one final measurement for the night of 8” (I’m figuring we had about 9” total factoring In some compaction from the hour of sleet but I’ll confirm in the morning on a board I cleared off post sleet). We’ll see what tomorrow morning and throughout the day holds here with the NWFS.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic