• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Just got back in from a couple hours of sledding with the family.  It was great, except that the wind is so fierce it would blow in your face.  Also, it’s such a fine powder, it took a while to get a good track laid.  The tubes worked better than the traditional plastic sleds.

It’s impossible to know how much we have now, but it is pouring snow at the moment.  Most areas in the yard measure between 8 and 9, but that was beaten down by sleet for a few hours, so it may be actually closer to 10 or so.  Dunno.

Lots of fun here!  :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sarcean said:

Black Mountain a little higher up has been getting quarter sized flakes for well over an hour now. No evidence of the few times I have been outside as it all had been covered.

completely dumping right now 

Yeah, it was snowing great while we were sledding, which made it difficult to sled.  Right now, the visibility is really low, though.  So, it’s fun to watch it fall back from the warmth of the house.  Back down to 28 degrees.

29 was the high.

A couple of flickers of the power but we're still hanging on here on Little Bear Pen mountain in Highlands. Had a roaring fire last night and all morning so life is good. Snow slacking up now.  Up to about 14" but I think a half-inch-3/4 inch is the late morning sleet. 

A couple of flickers of the power but we're still hanging on here on Little Bear Pen mountain in Highlands. Had a roaring fire last night and all morning so life is good. Snow slacking up now.  Up to about 14" but I think a half-inch-3/4 inch is the late morning sleet. 
I'm still out of power in south Cashiers since 11:45am with the beautiful background music of my generator. My Mom's house lost power at the same time, however she's got power again and my area is still out. Cable internet also down.

Mobile hotspot is saving the day!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Went up to the top of the mountain which is the county line, solid 7-8” here.  Not really doing anything right now, some real fine light snow.  Would be nice to squeeze out another 2” if the backend swings through just right to hit double digits.  Of course might get 2” regardless with NWFS.

02AFBC98-F6B9-40D4-A449-B894BF016B0A.jpeg

DC7B09C9-2EBA-40D8-972E-8F92E0FEAF16.jpeg

7BBA3DCA-E529-4579-AD73-9CD5BF185287.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

Just measured 14”. Hoping for another 2-3 with what’s left to come through. 

What an event. I could live up here. Thankful to have kept power to this point. If they don’t blow out private drive then there is zero chance we leave tomorrow. Can’t wait to see what this place looks like with the sun shining on all this snow. 

• Like 1

What an event. I could live up here. Thankful to have kept power to this point. If they don’t blow out private drive then there is zero chance we leave tomorrow. Can’t wait to see what this place looks like with the sun shining on all this snow. 
Hope you've got a good pair of sunglasses, my dude.

Can't wait to see what the wraparound produces! Hope it gets here before dark.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic