Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

40 in Morganton, NC.

I cut down on my totals overall due to the warm nose for the final forecast. The gradient in western NC is going to be so sharp (2-4 inch difference over a couple of miles), it will be impossible to forecast). I really think it will occur somewhere around the Newton / Shelby / Statesville areas.

1152022_FinalForecastFrz.png

1152022_FinalForecast.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WxJordan said:

40 in Morganton, NC.

I cut down on my totals overall due to the warm nose for the final forecast. The gradient in western NC is going to be so sharp (2-4 inch difference over a couple of miles), it will be impossible to forecast). I really think it will occur somewhere around the Newton / Shelby / Statesville areas.

1152022_FinalForecastFrz.png

1152022_FinalForecast.png

Jordan good call brother. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxJordan said:

When I was in school at Asheville (UNC-A) studying meteorology, it literally did not snow any in 2011 and 2012 winters LOL. I graduated in Dec 2013 and, if my memory serves correctly, it began snowing again. The weather in Asheville is crazy, so it can do anything in that valley LOL.

@Met1985 @calculus1 @BretWx

Ain't that the truth. After back to back stellar winters they did go into a snow drought. Kind of in one again...

I'm gonna have to get my batteries charged for the early morning and into lunchtime snowfall. I will probably hit the sack here soon. Hope to wake up around daylight to several inches and heavy snow falling. Hope all of us have better results than we are expecting. Radar sure looks full of moisture. 

• Like 2

Ik it was posted in main thread…. But the low looks to be Way down over Mobile Bay/Pensacola…. HRRR at current time had The Low up around Selma/Montgomery AL…. Umm that’s a tad off unless I’m looking at it wrong (I am new) but if I’m not the Hrrr initialized about 50 miles too far N than the surface …. What that means for us later is TBD but interesting to me

• Like 1

Ik it was posted in main thread…. But the low looks to be Way down over Mobile Bay/Pensacola…. HRRR at current time had The Low up around Selma/Montgomery AL…. Umm that’s a tad off unless I’m looking at it wrong (I am new) but if I’m not the Hrrr initialized about 50 miles too far N than the surface …. What that means for us later is TBD but interesting to me
Yeah the HRRR initialization looks pretty bad currently comparing to SPC meso.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Down here at the beginning of the Apps in Dahlonega GA.

Light snow 

Temp is 35.0 and falling

Came through BE today and it was packed…had a job up on Beech.  Backside roads near Buckeye area (Old Beech) were in poor condition already. 
Eerily quiet here just North of Boone, 24 and it’s a coming… 

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic