• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Here's to hoping everyone chills a bit! Take the dread to the main thread. Still a fascinating storm to watch unfold the last week! This is what it's all about! 
Most of us haven't seen over an inch this season so far.
It's frustrating to watch NWS take the football away, but it's obvious they're unsure what's going to happen. CYA!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BretWx said:

Here's to hoping everyone chills a bit! Take the dread to the main thread. Still a fascinating storm to watch unfold the last week! This is what it's all about! 

Most of us haven't seen over an inch this season so far.

No dread here. 

Chris was just on before the game starts. mpWAEWd.pngeBZSLPo.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Clown show at nws_GSP. They've had Clemson go from 4-6 to 2-4 to Trace to 2-3 and now 1-2.

The whole time models have supported 2-4 inches and honestly they have not wavered at all, and if anything I  would say they support more like 3-5 forecast at this point.

I'm starting to think there are some guys working there that like to forecast snow, and other guys who come in for a new shift that love to slash totals... wash, rinse, repeat. lol

There really is no other explanation. I’m stunned

• Like 2

At the in-laws in Black Mountain.  Flurries started on Old Fort Mountain on I-40.  Light flurry action here at their house too.  Turned on the game and saw Chris Justus break in with those same maps @strongwxnc posted above.  We are right on the western border of his 12+ stripe.  He is much more bullish than is the NWS.  Fingers crossed.  Let’s get this show started!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

At the in-laws in Black Mountain.  Flurries started on Old Fort Mountain on I-40.  Light flurry action here at their house too.  Turned on the game and saw Chris Justus break in with those same maps @strongwxnc posted above.  We are right on the western border of his 12+ stripe.  He is much more bullish than is the NWS.  Fingers crossed.  Let’s get this show started!

Still think I will do ok in Morganton snow total wise of 4-6 or so? Or is GSP right and this is becoming a damn ice storm for everyone almost.

2 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Ice + wind = no lights. 

2 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

With freezing rain possible and high winds its likely.  Duke energy is prepared to have close to 750 thousand lose power in this storm.

Well unless yall are thinking I'm getting between 0.25 and 0.50 then I can see that. 

Just now, wxduncan said:

Well unless yall are thinking I'm getting between 0.25 and 0.50 then I can see that. 

I think there’s going to be a really small line of sleet and a lot of it then just east of that line a lot of freezing rain. Going to be such a tight gradient that Morganton may be snow/sleet and Icard may be freezing rain. 

• Like 2

I think there’s going to be a really small line of sleet and a lot of it then just east of that line a lot of freezing rain. Going to be such a tight gradient that Morganton may be snow/sleet and Icard may be freezing rain. 

That’s a good car I could absolutely see that happening.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic