Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

1 hour ago, westmc9th said:

Excited to drive back up tomorrow! I’ve missed my mountains and gonna be fun to experience it in a new place! Cabin is about 2500’ near Brevard. Let’s reel it in!

Same. I'm getting the heck out of south Charlotte. Don't want any of that 0.5 inch of ice and 25-35mph winds. 

23 minutes ago, LiQuiDBuD said:

Yikes. I see a period of ZR and mix really close to me. Maybe that's just heavy, heavy rates that get confused with ZR/mix? Not sure if that's even a possibility, but I'm just hoping against ZR IMBY.

Edit: Oh and I wanna see ridiculously heavy rates with fatties. Goes without saying.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I’ve lived in the foothills a vast majority of my life and the rule of thumb I’ve always had in most of these setups is that sleet overperforms and saves the day during a transition. Let’s hope that rule of thumb continues but I definitely think my area spends more time as snow, snow/sleet than much else. The warm nose is prevalent on the sounding but it’s not honking at Zr. 

7 minutes ago, snowmaker13 said:

0z national blend of models now has under 6 inches of Snow for asheville. Should have managed my expectations better. Expecting 3-6 inches with 1.5 of sleet/freezing rain. 

Don't post. I'd step away until tomorrow morning from the models or just wait until the GFS and Euro run. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BretWx said:

Please keep the weenie sh*t out of here and go into the main thread. Things still look good. CHILL.

Exactly…. The Main thread is insanely Whiny. I find it funny it’s Doom n Gloom yet all CLT Mets haven’t budged a bit Crum especially at TWC 10-20” for Mountains 5-10” for Me but if you just hug models you wouldn’t see that. Experience…..> Models 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• jburns unpinned this topic