Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Phew. I will believe it when I see it! 
Saturday Night: A slight chance of rain and snow before 7pm, then snow. Low around 23. North northeast wind 6 to 11 mph becoming east southeast in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow. High near 27. North northeast wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Same here. My point forecast says 3-7 Saturday night and 8-12 Sunday. 11-19" is quite a range. We shall see, my friends.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BretWx said:

It has been a hell of fun week! We're almost there... LFG!

I work from home, and it has been a serious challenge getting my assignments in on time this week. I've worn out the refresh button lurking here, always have it open in a different tab. Thanks to everyone as always for your analysis, it's a pleasure to read and learn, and I'm excited for the shindig to start. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The trend with Zr in the Euro is highly concerning. Gives me 7 inches of wet snow and over a half an inch of ice. Cut that in half and it’s still lights out.
Yikes. I see a period of ZR and mix really close to me. Maybe that's just heavy, heavy rates that get confused with ZR/mix? Not sure if that's even a possibility, but I'm just hoping against ZR IMBY.

Edit: Oh and I wanna see ridiculously heavy rates with fatties. Goes without saying.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

I don't really believe there will be a changeover to sleet or freezing rain in the mountains at the height of the precipitation.  Call me a weenie but it just doesn't look right to me.

I think we have a brief, very light changeover as the low transfers and we lose lift. By that time the heavy forcing has come through with most of the event. Then we wait on the backside upper low to swing thru.

• Like 3

• jburns unpinned this topic