• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

NWS forecast from the bottom SE corner of Rutherford to the NW. B)

The actual amounts for Sunday not posted just Saturday night totals. 

Bottom SE corner 

Saturday Night

A slight chance of rain before 8pm, then snow. Low around 24. Northeast wind 6 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. 

Sunday

Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 3pm, then snow and sleet likely between 3pm and 4pm, then snow likely after 4pm. High near 30. Blustery, with a northeast wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

My area around Bostic 

Saturday Night

A chance of rain before 8pm, then snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Northeast wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. 

Sunday

Snow before noon, then snow and sleet between noon and 3pm, then snow likely after 3pm. High near 30. Northeast wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Near Spindale (about 6 miles NWW of Bostic 

Saturday Night

A chance of rain and snow before 8pm, then snow. Low around 23. Northeast wind 5 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. 

Sunday

Snow. High near 30. Northeast wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Rutherford Mountain area

Saturday Night

A chance of rain and snow before 7pm, then snow. Low around 21. Light east northeast wind becoming north northeast 9 to 14 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. 

Sunday

Snow. High near 28. North wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

It’s looking great for almost everyone in the Mnts & Foothills. As for the FBRV snow hole Jason made some great points. I’ve seen it be way overdone by the models with this set up. Not saying it’s not correct but I’m skeptical it will be as dramatic as depicted. As always with SE snowstorms nothing is certain but as far as modeling, setup’s, ect it doesn’t get much better than this!!! Strap in fellas it’s gonna be a wild one.

• Like 4

I just have a feeling this is gonna rack up quickly. With temps in the 20s for the duration of the event, it’s gonna be crazy to watch 12+ hours of snowfall. Definitely something I’ve never seen before. I just checked the NWS hourly forecast grid and it had right at 18” for our area and that’s at around 3200 feet. I’d be fine if half of that occurred. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

The eastern slopes are going to be absolutely buried with upslope flow. I’ll be shocked if there aren’t a few major over performances along the escapement. That’s gotta be a nice treat for folks who typically miss out on NWF

yep thats me!

• Weenie 2

8 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

The eastern slopes are going to be absolutely buried with upslope flow. I’ll be shocked if there aren’t a few major over performances along the escapement. That’s gotta be a nice treat for folks who typically miss out on NWF

I may be wrong, but I've always assumed my location is in the escarpment :lol:  - Maybe it's just my elevation facing East fooling me.

YcXsenj.jpg

• jburns unpinned this topic