Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

5 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Less than one inch of snowfall at KAVL is a little more than under-doing it.  It's like they will have flurries during the day, but nothing else.  Eastern and western parts of the county sill have pink shades, but the French Broad River valley is grayed out on that image.

I have seen it do that before only to have it back the next run... And while the models show the valley shadow, they are overzealous with it many times. ... Or, there could be nothing in downtown Asheville. I am hoping that I am enough southwest to pick up a decent snow. We will know when we know I guess. :)

• Like 1

"While the low track along I-95 will allow WAA to cause p-type to transition to rain from snow well inland, this will not be the case in the higher terrain where WPC probabilities for 6 inches are above 70% from near Asheville, NC through the Laurel Highlands of PA, and it is likely many locations will receive more than 1 foot of snow."

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=qpfhsd

Mention of 1 foot is probably for the north.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ncjoaquin said:

It's easy to get antsy when you follow these things for so long, but like Met1985 said, the GFS and Euro have been consistent.

... And the end of the day, it's just snow.  

We are getting a good winter storm, somewhere between acceptable and wow.

They have been very solid the past several runs for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

It's easy to get antsy when you follow these things for so long, but like Met1985 said, the GFS and Euro have been consistent.

... And the end of the day, it's just snow.  

We are getting a good winter storm, somewhere between acceptable and wow.

Hell, I was up before the sun the other week outside watching it snow for an hours or so. Thrilled with 1/2 an inch :lol:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I'm 52 for a couple more months  :P   @jburnswill be in here in a minutes laughing at us children needing naps to stay up past bedtime :ph34r:

You are only as old as you feel ladies and gentlemen - only as old as you feel.   Granted - when winter weather approaches that tends to feel decades younger.  

May the models ever be in your favor!

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic