Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

By the way, we’re heading to Black Mountain.  For many reasons:
  • Happy wife, happy life.  =)
  • Cousins with whom the kids can play in the snow.
  • (Who am I kidding?  I will also be playing in the snow.)
  • Pretty much guaranteed snow for the duration of the event.
  • 8-inch floor, according to the graphic posted above.
  • Monumental snowstorm experience.
Let’s do this!  Can’t wait!
Hope it's awesome for all of you! You deserve it!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I have to say, it is a bit disappointing the rest of the board has given up just because they aren't getting huge totals. Guess you get less analysis and model pbp when the big population centers aren't getting hit as hard. 

Been like that forever, hence why we start a Mountain Thread every year.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Goodnight 

sn10_acc.us_ma (13).png

Good idea! Will be interesting to watch the fauna tomorrow as this approaches.  Gonna load the feeders.  Looks like a good one ladies and gentlemen for most of us here. 
Helluva ride! 
Hopeful it’s not a terrible IP/ZR event for our upstate Palmetto friends and/or Piedmont tho’…we were living there for the December 02’ Miller B deal-with children and no power for 8 days…fun times indeed! By day two, the kids busted out the spears, pig parts and a random conch shell!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WeatherHawk said:

Good idea! Will be interesting to watch the fauna tomorrow as this approaches.  Gonna load the feeders.  Looks like a good one ladies and gentlemen for most of us here. 
Helluva ride! 
Hopeful it’s not a terrible IP/ZR event for our upstate Palmetto friends and/or Piedmont tho’…we were living there for the December 02’ Miller B deal-with children and no power for 8 days…fun times indeed! By day two, the kids busted out the spears and a random conch shell!

Sweet memories! 

https://projects.ncsu.edu/atmos_collaboration/nwsfo/storage/cases/20021204/

10 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

If the NAM is correct, someone is going to get smacked with a dry slot. Maybe me. If I can get 3 inches of snow, I will be happy. Anything above that will be gravy. 

It's going to have to beat the EURO and GFS which I don't think it will. Those two models have been locked in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BretWx said:

Not a lot of changes. Good runs overnight! We’re still looking at a major winter storm. Don’t start cliff diving if the models show less that 12in :lol:

Definitely. Good advice. As long as we all get some snow, that is fine by me. It still continues to look like there will be more opportunities. Joe Bastardi was right about one thing. Enjoy the weather. It is the only weather that you've got. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

Definitely. Good advice. As long as we all get some snow, that is fine by me. It still continues to look like there will be more opportunities. Joe Bastardi was right about one thing. Enjoy the weather. It is the only weather that you've got. 

Hell yeah. I’m most excited about it being a prolonged event on a Sunday. Perfect day to just sit back, relax and watch things play out. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

If the NAM is correct, someone is going to get smacked with a dry slot. Maybe me. If I can get 3 inches of snow, I will be happy. Anything above that will be gravy. 

The dry slot in energy transfers always need to be watched. Most likely a nowcasting event once we start radar watching. 

• Like 3

.SHORT TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT/... As of 315 am Friday: GSP

Damaging accumulations of ice therefore appear more likely along and south of a line from Anderson to Spartanburg to Gastonia, to Salisbury, including Charlotte and vicinity. Northwest of there, morning snow/sleet followed by a likely transition to freezing rain/drizzle of a few hours is expected to result in a somewhat narrow zone of a wintry slurry of 2 to 5 inches.

Finally, little has changed regarding the forecast for the mountains and NC foothills, where 8-12 inches/locally higher amounts of mostly snow continue to look like the best bet.

I hope I'm further NW of that line but it will be close so MBY.  Im a little NNE of the dot in the middle of Rutherford County. 

StormTotalSnow.jpg

StormTotalIce.jpg

• Like 3

• jburns unpinned this topic