Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

1 minute ago, ncjoaquin said:

In fairness to Boyer, he doesn't say plain rain, just that it would be mixed decreasing snow totals and said that it could be significant. But, he did say it was getting warmer on the models which I have not seen nor decreased snow totals 

Jason always takes an indifferent stance with these storms. Give his followers just enough to understand that there is a major winter storm coming, but backs off just short of going all in to save himself the humiliation and ire if it all goes wrong. If you forecast 6” and get 12”, what wonderful surprise. If you forecast 12” and get 5”, it’s pitchforks and bayonets.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Ill remind everyone we still have 3 days for this to go to crap. Don't want that but there is definitely a chance for that. These type storms are tricky and last minute adjustments may mean a lot in the big picture of things.

No doubt! Ive went to sleep ready for glory to wake up with $hit on my boots :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Ill remind everyone we still have 3 days for this to go to crap. Don't want that but there is definitely a chance for that. These type storms are tricky and last minute adjustments may mean a lot in the big picture of things.

Yep, nervously hoping against the windshield wiper effect with our trends this afternoon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

18z Euro was about to lay the hammer down. (Only goes out or hr 90) it was slightly colder too, prob gonna be another foot + run for WNC!

Definitely a weenie run! Hopefully we are losing that primary into Tennessee.  That would cut down our totals 

• Like 2

I was just talking about him. If he wants to stay on the conservative side he needs to be that way from the get go. I just talked to family that watched him and said snow was a miss it’s gonna be mostly rain now. Which is far from the truth we’ve all seen it today on models totals have not went down! He could be putting some people in danger if he doesn’t jump on board by tomorrow evening!
He stood there downplaying the threat while he had a probability table on screen that contradicted him. That's when I realized that it's Jason Boyer, laughed, shook my head and turned the TV back to Futurama.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

He stood there downplaying the threat while he had a probability table on screen that contradicted him. That's when I realized that it's Jason Boyer, laughed, shook my head and turned the TV back to Futurama.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jason is awesome but he takes a missed snow forecast way too personally! Check his fb. Southern mtn weather is unpredictable. 

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Good Lord it basically just started snow and looks like it has laid down 3 to 6 inches already in the south central mountains. 

I saw that. Crazy to think it drops that much with essentially 12 more hours or so of snow for those areas. I have been fired up about this chase, but its honestly getting a little nerve wracking now with how big it could be. I have never seen more than 7 inches in person before. I just absolutely do not want to lose power and really hope we can make it out at some point monday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BhamParker said:

I saw that. Crazy to think it drops that much with essentially 12 more hours or so of snow for those areas. I have been fired up about this chase, but its honestly getting a little nerve wracking now with how big it could be. I have never seen more than 7 inches in person before. I just absolutely do not want to lose power and really hope we can make it out at some point monday. 

A storm that is advertised like this with possible winds there is a good chance the power goes out. In terms of accumulations keep it simple buy saying this is a 6-12 inch storm and leave it at that. Anything more is just icing on the cake. 

• jburns unpinned this topic