Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

14 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

GSP with really not much to say..said they favored the ECWF more... then  my forecast in Graham County came out with mostly rain..very confusing sometimes

Translation....models are in fairly good agreement for a winter storm, especially for the mtns. We're gonna watch it and punt to the next shift. Don't want to look bad putting out a watch 72 hours in advance. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Translation....models are in fairly good agreement for a winter storm, especially for the mtns. We're gonna watch it and punt to the next shift. Don't want to look bad putting out a watch 72 hours in advance. 

I can’t even remember the last watch they’ve issued, don’t think I’ve seen one in the 3 winters I’ve lived up here. 

6 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

I can’t even remember the last watch they’ve issued, don’t think I’ve seen one in the 3 winters I’ve lived up here. 

Seems as if they like to play catchup. Honestly with technology and so much information at our fingertips, the usefulness of the nws is waning.  Honestly,  anything dealing with the government is so archaic at this point. Like living back in the 80's

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Well Jason Boyer said snow totals are going down because models were trending warmer

I was just talking about him. If he wants to stay on the conservative side he needs to be that way from the get go. I just talked to family that watched him and said snow was a miss it’s gonna be mostly rain now. Which is far from the truth we’ve all seen it today on models totals have not went down! He could be putting some people in danger if he doesn’t jump on board by tomorrow evening!

8 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

I was just talking about him. If he wants to stay on the conservative side he needs to be that way from the get go. I just talked to family that watched him and said snow was a miss it’s gonna be mostly rain now. Which is far from the truth we’ve all seen it today on models totals have not went down! He could be putting some people in danger if he doesn’t jump on board by tomorrow evening!

Just saw his post. Mind boggling to say the least. 

• jburns unpinned this topic