• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

I'm in Concord but yeah, I may follow suit and spend some time with you guys for awhile. But, as I posted on main thread...

For what it's worth. On Sunday AccuWeather has Concord at 31 with snow and "potential for a winter storm". Last night they had me at 36 with wintry precip. It's AccuWeather so who knows... but man it sure felt good to see all snow flakes for Sunday... I know it'll change a few times still before onset, but I'm going to go stare at those flakes for a bit... haha

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, 85snowline said:

I'm in Concord but yeah, I may follow suit and spend some time with you guys for awhile. But, as I posted on main thread...

For what it's worth. On Sunday AccuWeather has Concord at 31 with snow and "potential for a winter storm". Last night they had me at 36 with wintry precip. It's AccuWeather so who knows... but man it sure felt good to see all snow flakes for Sunday... I know it'll change a few times still before onset, but I'm going to go stare at those flakes for a bit... haha

AccuWeather sucks. Stick to the models and the trends.

• Like 2

Been waiting for this type of pattern for a very long long long time and it only looks to be just getting started. Fun times ahead for sure. Mountains sitting pretty. Hopefully us folks in the foothills will get our well over due this weekend. Gonna be hard to sleep with all the excitement this week. Good luck to all in the se in the upcoming weeks. 

• Like 3

Been waiting for this type of pattern for a very long long long time and it only looks to be just getting started. Fun times ahead for sure. Mountains sitting pretty. Hopefully us folks in the foothills will get our well over due this weekend. Gonna be hard to sleep with all the excitement this week. Good luck to all in the se in the upcoming weeks. 

We are always walking the line in the foothills. No matter how good or bad any system is. Let’s roll!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes sir we always are in the foothills especially us in the southern part. Couldn't of said it any better myself. I'm ready. Let's get after it!!

I’ve been around these weather board since 2000 and I’ve learned until it’s upon us and I can see it out the window nothing is guaranteed. That’s the thrill of it especially down here

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

I’ve been around these weather board since 2000 and I’ve learned until it’s upon us and I can see it out the window nothing is guaranteed. That’s the thrill of it especially down hereemoji41.png

Me to. Yeah that's the best way to look at it down here where were at for sure when you can see it falling out the window. You know all about it living around here like me. I think we have our best chance since Dec 2018 this weekend. 

42 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Really we are due for a significant ice storm. I hate to even say that but it's been several years since we have had one.

Where I'm at we hardly ever gets ice. Even when it's forecasted the south winds will wake me up middle of the night and I know then inversion is happening. 

14 minutes ago, BhamParker said:

I'll be making the trip to Lake Toxaway North Carolina this weekend for the upcoming storm. This will be our first trip to this area and it looks beautiful. Hope to give yall some good pictures. 

I live about five miles west of Lake Toxaway. Beautiful is correct! You'll be in a great spot for the show!

• Like 1

Morning folks!, I’m checking in with my eyes on the system. I think the 6Z is over doing the ice for most of the mountains . Obviously the escarpment and foothills are susceptible. Lots of time for adjustments to come. Remember not to get to caught up on one model or run. Don’t forget about synoptics when you look at the big picture. Buckle up for a wild couple days…..my favorite part of winter storms!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NavarreDon said:

Morning folks!, I’m checking in with my eyes on the system. I think the 6Z is over doing the ice for most of the mountains . Obviously the escarpment and foothills are susceptible. Lots of time for adjustments to come. Remember not to get to caught up on one model or run. Don’t forget about synoptics when you look at the big picture. Buckle up for a wild couple days…..my favorite part of winter storms!!!

Thanks for stopping by Don.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic