Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

1 minute ago, WxKnurd said:

My Weather station shows it’s dropped from 43 to 34 in a little under an hour and a half, still dropping too.  Had some flurries out here in Tulsa this morning, cold and blustery day. Hope you guys back home see a couple inches at the least. 

Man the temps are just falling off fast with the moisture coming in.

• Like 2

WWA out for Patrick Cty tonight for up to 4" but as always, this county is impossible to forecast.  Nearly nothing will fall here south of Stuart tonight and the elevated part of the county NW of Primland and Meadows of Dan will probably see 2-4".  I'm sure there are several counties up and down the apps like this,  Wilkes also comes to mind, where it is nearly impossible to issue a blanket forecast due to terrain variability.

Anyway, still rocking a balmy 50 degrees here in the foothills.  Not feeling this one at all.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

No kidding.  I had already downgraded my expectations in Stuart from "up to 1 inch" to just some light snow, but the radar has just fizzled completely.  I expect my WWA will also go "poof" here shortly.

Yeah the cold air did not get in here and the moisture is well West of us. A hit and a miss. On to the next one.

28 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Snowing pretty good here on Beech and you can see the change to NW flow snow on the radar.  Hopefully it can save the day as the front end was just a dusting.

Yeah I noticed the change in direction from the precipitation field coming in. Should be a decent flow event tonight with plummeting temps.

5 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

10° with some beautiful diamond dust this morning in Wolf. Looks like we picked up about 1.5" of snow from this storm.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Right at 2 inches here on Beech and still steady snow falling and 10.8. 

• Like 4

• jburns unpinned this topic