Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

3 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

My jealousy runs deep this morning. That death band from Roan to Spruce Pine looks incredible. Rake it in fellas!

Curious to see how Spruce Pine does. I'm just up the mountain near Little Switzerland and the snow is not impressive, but the wind is INCREDIBLE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ja643y said:

Curious to see how Spruce Pine does. I'm just up the mountain near Little Switzerland and the snow is not impressive, but the wind is INCREDIBLE

Yeah the wind was the big story here. Heard two trees pop during the height of it. Jumped in the shower just in case, haha! 

18 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

Got about 3 inches on waterrock knob. Looks like radar is done, got a bit dry slotted back of the low. A bit disappointing but nice to see snow on my trip.

Yea that good band setup too far to the north, wouldn’t be surprised to see that the ULL traversed a touch more north than modeled. Thought for sure you’d end up with 6” up there. 

• Like 1

Measurements vary on surface and even from spot to spot.  Wind blowing the snow won’t help with accurate measurements anyway.  1-2” on gravel road, 3.5-4” on my one flat, grass spot that doesn’t have any limbs over it, 2-3” on the deck, 3.25” on the truck bed cover.  If I had to guess, I would figure doing an official measurement every hour on a snowboard would have probably resulted in maybe close to 4”.  Light snow as the last bit swings through.  

Overall forecast on switchover was correct for my place, I’m guessing precipitation amounts AFTER changeover ended up busting low down this way.  Taking a wild guess, that along with overall rates being lower than modeled was  the limiting factor here in Haywood (and points SW) outside of right along the state line   .

E78F2D85-7E62-4832-8EDA-1BE76F8784F5.jpeg.bea692aaf7b325741ad4f970cb81dc63.jpeg

• Like 4

• jburns unpinned this topic