• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

GFS has always been consistent with this storm. Im not so sure about those totals but still this will be a great storm if most everyone sees 4-8 inches.

A very veteran group in here but we all get excited and tend to fall all over every model run (I know I was guilty of it when I lived in Weaverville!). 85’s post is spot on & very realistic. Temper your expectations to avoid disappointment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NavarreDon said:

A very veteran group in here but we all get excited and tend to fall all over every model run (I know I was guilty of it when I lived in Weaverville!). 85’s post is spot on & very realistic. Temper your expectations to avoid disappointment.

My expectations are always tempered,lol. That is great advice. I will take an inch of snow, but if somehow it sees fit to give me a foot of snow, I will take that as well. I do like all the positive models right now for sure.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ncjoaquin said:

My expectations are always tempered,lol. That is great advice. I will take an inch of snow, but if somehow it sees fit to give me a foot of snow, I will take that as well. I do like all the positive models right now for sure.

Same here. Hard to believe I've been on this for 11 years now. Phew!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NavarreDon said:

Thank you for the kind words Don. I greatly appreciate them and as well as everyone else I am also very excited at the very least.

• Like 6

I’ll be the bullish Haywood County one and say 4-6” will be the minimum in the county even taking into account melting early on, leaning closer to the 6” mark at that when looking at the totality of the models and then nowcasting with current conditions and having our system come together to the west during the day. Of course it’s still a tricky forecast and mets from the NWS to local guys like Ward and Local Yokel are usually in a no win situation with the public with setups like this (They either go conservative and things are not that in the least or it goes the other way around and people give them grief about honking the horn on a nothing burger).  

Temps never got up to was forecast I don’t believe, at least Waynesville and points North.  Cloudy all day and struggled to hit 53 here for a daytime high at the house after high of 60-61 at midnight. Already dropping down below 49.  All that helps IMO in this scenario coming on the heels of the torch fest we were in, both in setting the stage before the storm as well as helping the high soil temps for early January here.  Much better than sunny and 60 would have been.  Either way, I’ll be up early to take it all in no matter what.  Hopefully it’s ripping at daybreak for a jebwalk around my property.  

• Like 3

• jburns unpinned this topic