Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

4 hours ago, Buckethead said:

My NWS forecast now has some sort of frozen precip for Monday night-Wednesday night. With the way the pattern has been I'll count just seeing a few wet flakes as a win.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yep MRX has sleet/snow here overnight Tuesday. Looking at GFS/NAM soundings it certainly looks... interesting. Probably wind up being a 33 degree rainstorm but one can dream I suppose.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Buckethead said:

My NWS forecast now has some sort of frozen precip for Monday night-Wednesday night. With the way the pattern has been I'll count just seeing a few wet flakes as a win.

I'll take it as well for the win...but skeptical...looks like some moisture coming in for the weekend tho'...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buckethead said:

The 12z gfs is looking nice for Sunday with 4-8" of snow in the border counties. I'm not buying it until I see it on the 12z run Friday.

Might want to wait to buy in until you see it on your yardstick.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

At 735 it was 41.1° at my house. By 752 it dropped to 30.2° and is holding steady there. Unfortunately it looks like the best moisture is missing us to the north.

Had a snow shower roll through mid-morning and put a dusting down up here where I am working in SW VA (Between Lebanon and Grundy).  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Maggie Ace said:
It never got above 44 at the house today after a morning low of 25. I'm slight intrigued with the NAM suggestion of moisture arriving tomorrow morning across portions of the Mountains. 

If we could get the storm track as of late to shift west a bit we'd be in business. This is the 3rd or 4th slider that's stayed just too far south.

Haven't had a nice track since that storm first of November.

@strongwxncSame here. Light sleet and light flurries in sw Rutherford county. Your right no shut out this year thank goodness. Would of been interesting if that low would have tracked 100 miles to the west with more moisture to play with but nice to enjoy seeing the week of Christmas before the warmup. Hope the delayed pattern changes sometime in January for all of us in the southeast to have a chance at some winter weather.  Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy and hopefully cold and snowy new year

• Like 3

• jburns unpinned this topic