Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

12 hours ago, WxKnurd said:

Blustery day in the foothills yesterday, wind had that bite to it that lets you know it’s layout December.  Finally ordered a “good” weather station, WeatherFlow Tempest is on the way.  It will be nice to have my own “official” records and not have to guess or rely on the truck thermometer/closest wunderground station for observations.  Though figuring out my internet situation at the future house so I can use it to its full potential is in wait and see mode (about the only downside to living in Haywood is out lack of non-satellite internet options, especially every place I’ve bought a house it seems).

Elon Musk is on the way. But it will cost you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jburns said:

Elon Musk is on the way. But it will cost you.

Oh I know but what was a late 2021 expected date is now a late 2022 expected date for the area, I’m sure it will be pushed out further too.  T-mobile’s 5G is great if you can get it from everything I hear but unfortunately I’m on the waitlist for it too for when it will roll out to my future home in the sticks.  But cell service is good so I’ve got some other options.

Last two nights we bottomed out at 19 respectively.  Boring weather on the way.
Boring is right. I saw some amazing lenticular clouds again this morning over the Black Mountains as I drove into Burnsville, but I'm only talking about it because there's nothing else to talk about.

I'll be talking about inversions tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Boring is right. I saw some amazing lenticular clouds again this morning over the Black Mountains as I drove into Burnsville, but I'm only talking about it because there's nothing else to talk about.

I'll be talking about inversions tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

LOL right. Ill talk about how blue the sky is.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Hard to get the warm and fuzzies about snow chances this winter with this pattern, La Nina, etc. Hope I'm wrong

Yeah things are not looking good at all. A sharp rise in the NAO and a sharp fall in the PNA spells doom for this month already. The ski resorts are going to take a beating 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah things are not looking good at all. A sharp rise in the NAO and a sharp fall in the PNA spells doom for this month already. The ski resorts are going to take a beating 

It may be 5° above average or more for December... And now the Euro is backing off rain next week which is not good

Thankfully we've got Christmas cause we're sure not selling a bunch of winter coats right now.

On the bright side I can wear my Hawaiin shirts with my Santa hat and not look quite as crazy this year.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Northern Virginia gets clipped by the snow on Next Wednesday.

However, there is a major storm next Sunday on the 18z GFS with snow as far south as Georgia & Western North Carolina.

I’ll settle for slightly above average air at this point. If we get some rain this week, I may be mowing again soon. 

• Haha 1

• jburns unpinned this topic