• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Models honing in on a significant trough next weekend. GFS with a nice NWFS event and lows in the teens. Euro a tad milder but still plenty cold but looks a little less impressive on the NWFS, but since when does it handle those particularly well anyways.

Leaves are mostly gone so bring on the snow!!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Was just about to mention the GFS. Going to be interesting to watch how the week unfolds regarding the heavy rain potential Thursday night into Friday and then the colder air arriving over the weekend into next week. 

Yeah if the GFS and Euro can both show snow this far as a lead time we might be talking a 2 to 4 inch upslope event for the most favorable areas. The cold is definitely going to be there.

• Like 2

Inversions always amaze me.  Even crazier is when you get like a mid-mountain below freezing band within it warmer above and below somehow.  Seen it on the Plott Balsams before.  Well guys and gals, I am on my way to being a full-fledged mountain poster again.  This time right below the top of a mountain at 3800’ on the Haywood/Buncombe border.  Should be just to your east now @Met1985 when I close and get settled in.  I expect a little colder temps and flow snows to be a little better but less moisture for other events throughout the year.  Of course when I looked at the house it was drizzly up there and dry in the valley so who knows, could be wrong. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WxKnurd said:

Inversions always amaze me.  Even crazier is when you get like a mid-mountain below freezing band within it warmer above and below somehow.  Seen it on the Plott Balsams before.  Well guys and gals, I am on my way to being a full-fledged mountain poster again.  This time right below the top of a mountain at 3800’ on the Haywood/Buncombe border.  Should be just to your west now @Met1985 when I close and get settled in.  I expect a little colder temps and flow snows to be a little better but less moisture for other events throughout the year.  Of course when I looked at the house it was drizzly up there and dry in the valley so who knows, could be wrong. 

Very good ol sport! Would love to get together and have breakfast one morning with ya. Would love to try to have a meet up of the weather nerds.

• Like 3

• jburns unpinned this topic