• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Not surprising. I was out and about hitting some waterfalls with color today and it was COLD.

This is one of the best years for color I've seen, though. 8c3d68b096365e61b42a6aa90266ad01.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Very nice shot man! I agree, it took 41 years for me to witness a fall like this and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. b14880bcfed0e800f06562214ec463ed.jpg7031a54838436db4d14be338cadee493.jpg40fba0e9d856bc95a99c66d457b0e60e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Thanks for sharing the amazing views everyone I've got my day trips all mapped out for the weekend and can't wait to photograph the beautiful colors  :wub:  
Let me know if you find yourself around Burnsville or Yancey County, I'll give ya easy directions to the color.

I see there's a little snow in my NWS forecast late next week.

• Thanks 1

Quite the pattern coming up for WNC into early November.  Time to start watching the EPS members.  Hints of a decent snowfall chance for those above 3500' Wednesday night and into Thursday then a gulf low develops to end the weekend.  GFS and Euro both show the Gulf low, but limited cold air.  Last frame of the 0z Euro shows mixing occurring to the valley floor in Haywood late next Sunday.  Obviously a long range run which doesn't mean much, but it does look like a Gulf low will be possible.  Winter weather tracking begins!

• Like 7

Quite the pattern coming up for WNC into early November.  Time to start watching the EPS members.  Hints of a decent snowfall chance for those above 3500' Wednesday night and into Thursday then a gulf low develops to end the weekend.  GFS and Euro both show the Gulf low, but limited cold air.  Last frame of the 0z Euro shows mixing occurring to the valley floor in Haywood late next Sunday.  Obviously a long range run which doesn't mean much, but it does look like a Gulf low will be possible.  Winter weather tracking begins!
Hey congrats on the building success and engagement my man! Good to see you post.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Let me know if you find yourself around Burnsville or Yancey County, I'll give ya easy directions to the color.

I see there's a little snow in my NWS forecast late next week.

Thank you! I appreciate your insider tip! I hope to be up that way Sunday and will message you  :hug:

4 minutes ago, Hvward said:

I look forward to the first miller a of the year that usually happens around halloween. While it's still too early for most, it kicks off the best time of the year :wub:

• Like 1

Seeing snow in the mountains sure makes me crave winter. But speaking of snow, here is probably one of the most absurd snow forecasts I've ever seen  for a 36   nws forecast.  Gfs shows a 14 plus inch liquid the next 36 to 48 hours. . This is near mt. Muir...only up to 253 inches by the end of the afternoon tomorrow.

Detailed Forecast

Today
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 24. Southeast wind 65 to 70 mph increasing to 75 to 80 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 85 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 52 to 58 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. East wind 50 to 60 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 110 to 116 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 25. East wind 40 to 50 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 73 to 79 inches possible
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

Perfect Fall day for me here in Haywood this morning, fall colors, chill in the air, some drizzle.  I’m still around but life events had me take a hiatus as a mountain resident and become a foothill resident back in Hickory.  Looking at houses before work so I can be an official Haywood resident again.  First stop was at 3800’ in upper Crabtree area on the Buncombe county line, next stop is at 3600’ in Jonathan Creek area.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, WxKnurd said:

Perfect Fall day for me here in Haywood this morning, fall colors, chill in the air, some drizzle.  I’m still around but life events had me take a hiatus as a mountain resident and become a foothill resident back in Hickory.  Looking at houses before work so I can be an official Haywood resident again.  First stop was at 3800’ in upper Crabtree area on the Buncombe county line, next stop is at 3600’ in Jonathan Creek area.

Nice seeing you post again. 

• jburns unpinned this topic