• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

First off congrats met! I got married down in Maggie a couple years ago. Absolutely love that area and hope to live down there one day.

Had a weird couple temp days. Stalled at 44 on Monday morning while it was cooler pretty much all around. Looked like we were gonna stall around 47 last night but we made it beneath the inversion about 3AM and hit 36 with some frost. 13ad00312a1cc70c59db3f409c3d223d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:

First off congrats met! I got married down in Maggie a couple years ago. Absolutely love that area and hope to live down there one day.

Had a weird couple temp days. Stalled at 44 on Monday morning while it was cooler pretty much all around. Looked like we were gonna stall around 47 last night but we made it beneath the inversion about 3AM and hit 36 with some frost. 13ad00312a1cc70c59db3f409c3d223d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you ol sport! Yes Maggie and Haywood are very beautiful in general.  

Another nice Inversion this morning and another frost in the valley. It's currently 51 at my house and 34 at 3000'.

The GFS is toying with me this morning. The end of the month (around the 30th) looks interesting to me as that low heads NE over the great lakes. Verbatim there's some wrap around precip but temps are marginal. I'm just watching the pattern for now. The cold air builds up nicely in Canada on that run as well but doesn't make it south quickly enough to matter. It's just nice to see the players on the field and watch trends.

Now that I spoke of the mid range GFS, I bet the low will disappear on the 12z.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Another nice Inversion this morning and another frost in the valley. It's currently 51 at my house and 34 at 3000'.

The GFS is toying with me this morning. The end of the month (around the 30th) looks interesting to me as that low heads NE over the great lakes. Verbatim there's some wrap around precip but temps are marginal. I'm just watching the pattern for now. The cold air builds up nicely in Canada on that run as well but doesn't make it south quickly enough to matter. It's just nice to see the players on the field and watch trends.

Now that I spoke of the mid range GFS, I bet the low will disappear on the 12z.

Well next month hopefully things pan out that the GOAK will change from having a low to having a high pressure there which will help us greatly if that pans out.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, Met1985 said:

Sweet! Not sure what we get down to at the house.  Ill know later today.  I went to Gatlinburg this weekend and got married! A beautiful weekend down here.

Been a minute since I have checked: Congrats to you and the Mrs.!!  Picked a great time of year to get hitched and to have future anniversary celebrations!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Crisp Fall day across the Smokies where we may not get out of the 40's. Freeze looks good for overnight into tomorrow morning. Low temperatures in the mid to upper 20’s are possible across the Valley. 

Yeah that's what im thinking.  Man I love this type of weather finally rolling in. Going to be a beautiful evening this evening to sit around the fire. 

• Like 3

I'm getting a bit more interested in the pattern developing this time next week. The ECMWF and its ensembles are hinting the potential for much colder air with a storm system near the Mountains next Thursday night into Friday. Perhaps we get a decent NWFS event and the real start of snow making for the ski areas. 
You're talking my language now!

Anyone catch that amazing sunrise this morning?8bad9ec75e146b913edface05d3e2088.jpg

• Like 8

• jburns unpinned this topic