Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

• jburns pinned this topic
I hate to be that guy but I don't see any frost or freeze threats through at least mid October unless something drastically changes. 
Meh. Doesn't look like a scorcher either. I'm perfectly fine with the pattern we've had this past week. Absolutely beautiful out and just cool enough to get the leaves started.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Meh. Doesn't look like a scorcher either. I'm perfectly fine with the pattern we've had this past week. Absolutely beautiful out and just cool enough to get the leaves started.

Same! It’s been a little warm the past few days but I’ll take low 50’s and upper 70’s right now!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:

Looks pretty typical for early October.  We are still technically in September.

1 hour ago, Maggie Ace said:

October is starting very wet across the Mountains. Rain started mid day yesterday here in Maggie and continues throughout the week. Our Poplar trees are dumping leaves which is about a month earlier than last fall. Fall colors are going strong now below 5000 feet. The heavier rains expected mid week may bring an early end to leaf season around the Smokies. 

Yeah I'm worried about what color there is on Grandfather surviving this week. I've got some days off to do some photography next week but there may not be a whole lot to see, particularly with it not being all that cool to get lower elevations going too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Lots of leaves on the ground this morning. That was an impressive storm last night! Should be a decent week to check out the color.

And then I'm ready for snow.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah big rains last night.  Very warm weather on the way and looks to stick around for a bit.

2 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah big rains last night.  Very warm weather on the way and looks to stick around for a bit.

WE had a decent storm around 5 am here, but you guys have been getting hit daily up there in the hills. We will be up there next weekend for a few days.   

We did finally get rain here 4.14" which is a lot since its been so dry. Keep the cooler air coming in hopefully soon up there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avdave said:

WE had a decent storm around 5 am here, but you guys have been getting hit daily up there in the hills. We will be up there next weekend for a few days.   

We did finally get rain here 4.14" which is a lot since its been so dry. Keep the cooler air coming in hopefully soon up there

Yeah seems like we get 4 plus inches every storm up here this year. It's been way to wet up here this week with localized flooding.  

Next week should be great for leave looking and hopefully beautiful weather.  Hope you guys enjoy!

18 hours ago, wncsnow said:

We ended up with 7.03 over the past 5 days....

Just over 10" on the month for us south of Old Fort. Thursday was wild with nearly 5" in just a couple of hours. Flooding was honestly worse (albeit short-lived) than Ivan in this part of the county.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, westmc9th said:

Just over 10" on the month for us south of Old Fort. Thursday was wild with nearly 5" in just a couple of hours. Flooding was honestly worse (albeit short-lived) than Ivan in this part of the county.

Water is still up quite a bit. I'm hoping to get out on the creek soon.

• jburns unpinned this topic