Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2021

Stormlover74

4 hours ago, snowman19 said:

If it gets colder later next month it will come from a PAC reshuffle with the tropical convective forcing, not from some crazy SSW and super weak SPV like Joe Bastardi has been hyping to no end for the last 2 months. His wishcast of a major SSW/super weak SPV causing an uber cold November - January looks to be an epic fail incoming 

JB has jumped the shark.  No one really gives him much credence anymore....

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

44 minutes ago, KEITH L.I said:

Check out your posts from last November..All doom and gloom

To be fair most were thinking we were doomed last Nov. I did too. I thought it would be a miracle if we made it normal snow and most us made it to 40”. I would say the tea leaves so far generally indicate a lousy/warm winter again but lots of factors at play besides just La Niña which the NWS prediction essentially took Nina climo off the printer and used that for the winter outlook. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

To be fair most were thinking we were doomed last Nov. I did too. I thought it would be a miracle if we made it normal snow and most us made it to 40”. I would say the tea leaves so far generally indicate a lousy/warm winter again but lots of factors at play besides just La Niña which the NWS prediction essentially took Nina climo off the printer and used that for the winter outlook. 

To early to talk about the winter. Every Fall this happens on the boards..Lets not get ahead of ourselves..Let it play out

10 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Above normal temps and above normal snowfall has become a good bet. It's what we've seen so much of in the the last 2 decades. We're able to pull off big snowstorms in warm winters and mediocre to lousy patterns in this new climate that we have. It has become a Colorado-like climate with the combination of warmer temps and plenty of big snowstorms.

1 hour ago, KEITH L.I said:

Check out your posts from last November..All doom and gloom

The only thing that saved last winter from being a wall to wall dumpster fire was the SSWE in January that gave us 3 weeks of winter in February (2/1-2/22). It was a 3 week winter, the one lone snowstorm in mid-December that was melted down to nothing in less a week, 60’s on Christmas Eve. Nothing at all in January, nothing at all in March. Had it not been for that SSW, it would have been one of the worst winters of all time, right up there with 97-98, 01-02 and 11-12

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

Blocking ftw

13 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Remember when the models had Monday as cool and wet? Now we get warm sectored. The usual warm spots in NJ may make another run on 80° with enough sun.

New run

F9AC2377-20F0-4B83-86FD-70C1D83916AC.thumb.png.ee0466fe1bff7974c915571b4b370201.png

Old run

3A53306C-275F-4B54-A73E-B97680925F30.thumb.png.7b56c5976cd5430224890aa10b626708.png

Ridge once again pushed the storm further north but we will still get rain.

2 rainstorms on the models for next week

Many of our very good winters consist of one good storm and a great three weeks of winter. Any winter with one great month (February) and one decent month (December) should at least warrant a "very good" rating in my book. Otherwise the same could be said about winters like 04-05 and 09-10.

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

The only thing that saved last winter from being a wall to wall dumpster fire was the SSWE in January that gave us 3 weeks of winter in February (2/1-2/22). It was a 3 week winter, the one lone snowstorm in mid-December that was melted down to nothing in less a week, 60’s on Christmas Eve. Nothing at all in January, nothing at all in March. Had it not been for that SSW, it would have been one of the worst winters of all time, right up there with 97-98, 01-02 and 11-12

Ah yes, had the winter things that had happened last winter, not happened, then it would have been a terrible winter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Evidence is mounting for a rebound and strengthening of the SPV next month: 

The PV gain strength during last November as well. It was one of the reasons the month started out with 70 degree weather. It eventually started breaking down in December and never recovered 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

Lolz 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

basically a 3 week winter.   One storm around 12/17 with a foot area wide, big xmas warmup-Jan mild/dry, Feb 1-21 big snows, then March was fairly average temp wise but no snow

Last February was one of the best ever around here.  36" of snow and wall to wall snowcover for the month.  

• Like 3