Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2021

Stormlover74

20 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Actually a little higher than that in the immediate metro area, 63 Central Park and 64 Newark, 62 Islip. But to your point it is already 60 in Central Park, although a lot of the more rural areas are quite a bit chillier.

yeah some variation depending on location in region. I don’t see any air besides normal or above normal. Maybe slightly below monday and tues.

49 minutes ago, uncle W said:

the bubble will burst and it will get cold and even snow...the question is when...in 1998 it took until Dec 20th...if the pattern does reverse in November it might reverse back to warmer than average again in December...1971 did that...

Ironically, much of the region is competing with 1971 for the highest October minimum temperature. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uncle W said:

the bubble will burst and it will get cold and even snow...the question is when...in 1998 it took until Dec 20th...if the pattern does reverse in November it might reverse back to warmer than average again in December...1971 did that...

I yearn for the winters when I was a kid… pattern flip to cold around Thanksgiving followed by snow chances in December into January. Around mid month comes the dreaded week long January thaw (I like to refer it as halftime), then the 2nd half of winter rolls in with a blockbuster storm for good measure. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

I yearn for the winters when I was a kid… pattern flip to cold around Thanksgiving followed by snow chances in December into January. Around mid month comes the dreaded week long January thaw (I like to refer it as halftime), then the 2nd half of winter rolls in with a blockbuster storm for good measure. 

That's like maybe 20% of winters 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Banter, but personally, as an avid winter fan, I am hopeful for Mother Nature to delay the onset of cold for as long as possible.

Keep people outside, keep heating costs down as long as we can. Snow/cold will come at some point, along with all other problems. 

I prefer the cold and snow earlier in the season. By february I'm usually ready for spring

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I prefer the cold and snow earlier in the season. By february I'm usually ready for spring

If I could choose I'd have all my cold & snow from Nov 1-Jan 15. Lowest sun angle, holiday season, little daylight.

Of course normally it's the back half that gives us the cold/snows. 

3 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Isn't this every winter with that call ? I can see it happen in the 2nd half. 

It’s pretty much climo for a Nina winter which is what they put up last winter. I put little/no stock in it since there are many other factors at play besides the weak to mod Nina expected. I guess it doesn’t predict snow for any place in particular. Last winter was warmer than average but also snowier here however nationwide it didn’t turn out how the median Nina winter does.