Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2021

Stormlover74

Just now, KEITH L.I said:

Daily normals for Central Park..It's mid October!!..by November 1st the average high is 59, by December 1st ,48

Well aware of the month…was curious what site it was from. We usually have our first freeze here last week in October/first week in November. However we often have at least a few nights in the 40s by now. 

5 minutes ago, binbisso said:

I'm a winter weather lover however  We are far from Winter.   You're crazy if you haven't loved the weather the last 6 weeks.  highs in the seventies and lows around 60 perfect. it could stay this way till Thanksgiving for all I care then we can flip

Next week is definitely setting up to be a keeper.

13 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I mean JFK and EWR have always been cooler on radiationally exceptional nights, it's usually 2 degrees cooler for JFK which is something I've noticed, but sometimes it can be much more than that, up to 10 degrees colder on exceptional nights when there is no wind and the skies are clear all night.

Yeah I always figured EWR and JFK radiate better at night.  LGA isn't bordered by marshland or anything. It's highly urbanized and dense right up the the runways lol. Thousands of ppl live right across the street from LGA. It is on the East River but right across from Rikers and very industrial Hunts Point. A N to NW wind is coming off the south Bx and traffic clogged Bruckner, Major Deegan etc. LGA is a good representation of standing waiting for a bus on a city street or day to day life is like. Central Pk is what a picnic in a shady park is like, and JFK is what a day at the beach is like.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SnowDemon said:

Next week is definitely setting up to be a keeper.

Yup.  Even going forward the temperatures look to be near normal through the 1st half of November if long range guidance and weekly's are correct.  Negative 10 departures do us no good until we get late November and onward.  And who likes 48゚ and rain the first half of November. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Well aware of the month…was curious what site it was from. We usually have our first freeze here last week in October/first week in November. However we often have at least a few nights in the 40s by now. 

It was from the climate data for normal highs. Again if your high is in the 40's your 20 degrees below normal. If your high is in the low 80's your 20 degrees above.Granted it's been a very warm October, but temps in the 70's and 80's are not uncommon for early to mid October

1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

quibbling over a high below 60 in mid october, lol. on oct 16 1944 ewr had a low of 31 and in 2009 the high was 46. today is the 13th day in a row with lows above 60...

Yes that's how pathetic things have been. 

I think it'll be easier if we just recognize it's gonna be like this every "fall". 

Our climate is warm & wet. Time to deal with it 

46 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Yes that's how pathetic things have been. 

I think it'll be easier if we just recognize it's gonna be like this every "fall". 

Our climate is warm & wet. Time to deal with it 

This cool down is down to 3 days. That is the funny thing after all that.

Tues thru Friday look down right warm

16 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

Yep. Tuesday upper 60s to near 70. Wednesday and thursday mid 70s, and near 70 on friday. A very warm week except for 1 normal day on monday. And the cooldown next weekend only takes us back down to near normal.

2 hours ago, binbisso said:

I'm a winter weather lover however  We are far from Winter.   You're crazy if you haven't loved the weather the last 6 weeks.  highs in the seventies and lows around 60 perfect. it could stay this way till Thanksgiving for all I care then we can flip

I’d prefer less humidity.  Be nice to open up the windows at night without the clamminess.

• Like 2

A  Nothing Burger  when it gets here?......Especially with the sun already very low by say 6pm.      Maybe some action aloft gives us a show.

As far as the T's for the rest of month starting tomorrow they are averaging  >>>>     56*(50/62) or just about Normal.       So Oct. may end at   +2.5 to +3.0.

1634406360-5FVaW2CFQL8.png

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, jfklganyc said:

It does get warmer this week but it'll be different than the last few days.  Lows will be a little more seasonable and plus the dewpoint will not be in the 60s like today.