• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2021

Stormlover74

71/68 and storms in EPA.   Hung up pattern with ULL into the Gulf, onshore/ Southerly flow much of the week.  East winds tomorrow and clouds could spoil the Newark 70 stretch, otherwise more sun on Wed and Thu and mid/upper 70s.   The weekend looks much like it is today with clouds and scattered rain/storms.  Ridge and SW flow by next week and next shot at 80s in the warmer spot between Tue (10/12) and Sat (10/16).   warmer overall looks to continue into the Longer range with occasional cooler/chilly ENE/NE flow a day or two scattered in the next 10 - 14.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, uncle W said:

I looked at 20 warm Octobers on average and what was the snowfall the following winters...

65% got less than 30" of snowfall....60% over 20"...

00.0-09.9.....1

10.0-19.9.....7

20.0-29.9.....5

30.0-39.9.....2

40.0-49.9.....2

50.0-59.9.....1

60.0+............2

10 were cold...

8 mild/warm...

2 near average...

12 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Are you an 80 year old woman?

Have my 93 year old grandfather up from Florida.   Had to turn heat on a few nights ago.  I think I sweat out everything in middle of night.   Now he's down in AC for a few days with my dad and aunt gambling away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

upton says it will be pushed south by high pressure developing over NE

Yeah I guess we have to see.  Seems like there are some breaks out west in PA.  Clouds keeping temps lower than expected.

Finally able to get back on the GOES website.  It was down for awhile.

Looks like  Early season snowfall for the West.  places like Denver even Seattle and the Portland area.  I guess nature has to balance herself out.   it's so warm here it's going to be unseasonably cold out West.

Edit:  It looks like the mountains just East of Portland and Seattle will have their 1st snowfall this week

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

temps never went anywhere here today with drizzle all day.  Classic October back door front

Yes.  As bluewave said yesterday, today is going to  have ++ min departures.  The splits today at Newark is 74 and 70 in New York City 73 and 67.  Yesterday it was upper seventies and low eighties for highs and mid fifties for Lows.  Either way you slice it the weather is very comfortable temperature wise

5 hours ago, nycwinter said:

i had the heat on a few nights last week it was so chilly..

I turned on the a/c today not because it was hot or anything but the allergens were HORRIBLE today it always happens to me when it's cloudy and humid and dreary like this and turning the a/c on is the only thing that helps

1 minute ago, binbisso said:

Yes.  As bluewave said yesterday today is going to  have ++ min departures.  The splits today at Newark is 74 and 70 in New York City 73 and 67.  Yesterday it was upper seventies and low eighties for highs and mid fifties for Lows.  Either way you slice it the weather is very comfortable temperature wise

the allergies are horrendous so I turned my a/c on full blast

I hate humidity, this is the first climate engineering humanity needs to do, get the humid air the hell out of here

5 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

You need AC for this?  That explains why you melt in the summer then lol.

my house temp was 83.4 this afternoon the a/c needed to be turned on.  No way no how would I -EVER- open the windows the allergens are awful and humidity is my mortal enemy.  If I could invent an antimatter bomb to annihilate all humidity I would do so in a heartbeat.