• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS-Nowcast isolated 3.5" rainfall and/or SVR from 3PM Thu-8AM Fri 9/23-24/21 NYS/NJ/CT/w LI

wdrag

While most of the NYC subforum will have a routine moderate or heavy rainfall, there could be narrow corridors of excessive rain. Some of the guidance shows max possible rainfall in our area of ~4" but most of it is in the range from near 1/4" e LI to between 1/2 and 2" elsewhere. The primary time for heaviest weather is 6P-4A tonight.

Please monitor NWS watches/warnings/statements on FF/SVR.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 5.09.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 5.08.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 5.09.47 AM.png

• wdrag changed the title to OBS-Nowcast isolated 3.5" rainfall and/or SVR from 3PM Thu-8AM Fri 9/23-24/21 NYS/NJ/CT/w LI
  • IrishRob17 pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

dare I say some of us could us the rain?  we've had less than 1/2 inch here since the 9/1 deluge....

All things considered it has genuinely been dry for the most part since then, and we go right back to being dry for a good chunk of this next week. Why not give the grass a little drink?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Already seeing some showers here on and off, 70/68. Aside from the severe threat this looks like a standard sustained 15G25-30 type of fall event with 1-3” of rain as the standard which is to say….blah. 

I'll take this event. There could definitely be some wind damage reports throughout the region and this cold front looks to usher in some truly fall weather, as well as set the table for the start of October.

13 minutes ago, ThundaBOOMA said:

I'll take this event. There could definitely be some wind damage reports throughout the region and this cold front looks to usher in some truly fall weather, as well as set the table for the start of October.

I dont know where you are but mid 70s during the day and upper 50s at night is barely average for this time of year. Not exactly break out the sweaters and hot apple cider weather