• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

95% leaf drop here.  The 5% is the big oak (still mostly green), a couple half-shed aspen and some understory trees protected from the wind.  Stick season has begun.  (Except for places with lots of oak.)

Do you have paper birch and Aspen there? I have a lot of it on the edges of my fields and they are still colorful. Pioneer species here before the ash and maple take over. 

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Do you have paper birch and Aspen there? I have a lot of it on the edges of my fields and they are still colorful. Pioneer species here before the ash and maple take over. 

Some of each but not much of either, and the PB is mostly bare, the aspen (all quaking) half empty and kind of dull.  Still some beautiful bigtooth aspen in the general area, with leaves grading from yellow to deep orange.  It's much less common than quaking aspen but IMO a prettier species both spring and fall.

Pretty meh season locally. It's as if the leaves change 1 day and the next day they drop. The oaks have clumps of color amongst the green and they're following the same trajectory as the maples...color and then drop within a few days. So there's a lot of leaf drop now with some sprinkled color and a lot of green oaks. It's been a fairly narrow window for decent color.

17 hours ago, dendrite said:

Pretty meh season locally. It's as if the leaves change 1 day and the next day they drop. The oaks have clumps of color amongst the green and they're following the same trajectory as the maples...color and then drop within a few days. So there's a lot of leaf drop now with some sprinkled color and a lot of green oaks. It's been a fairly narrow window for decent color.

Honestly not much of a season here. Trees are either way past peek or green. The best color is actually in the bushes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

Peak was late this year, around October 23-26 locally with a decent final wave of color. Overall a disjointed and sub-par season.  

The oranges and reds didn't come close to their potential here, outside of the occasional spectacular tree.   It was still beautiful but certainly not a standout foliage season.  

13 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The oranges and reds didn't come close to their potential here, outside of the occasional spectacular tree.   It was still beautiful but certainly not a standout foliage season.  

Yea. The monsoon and warm nights did it. I have some trees that are fully bare next to others that are struggling to turn colors.

• Like 1