• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

9 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

My dad was sick for a long time and passed away on 7/31. So posting wasn't of much interest.  I'm also living alone in the house and it was nice to get away yesterday. 

Very sorry for your loss.  Glad to see you back and hopefully the peak colors put on a decent show this year and we have a decent winter.  

1 hour ago, alex said:

Unfortunately seems like we’re moving fast past peak here. The color has lost some of its vibrancy and many trees are losing quite a few leaves. Wish we could make this season last longer!

Looks like the peak is just slightly south of you looking at the webcams and photos.  Just grabbed this picture of Waterville Valley.  About as much color as you can get. I made no adjustment to the webcam picture. 

I am at around 40% color.  Peak here should be around Tuesday.  It's a great year with little wind and rain as mountains peak.  People say frost brings on color but maybe because we have not had any frost there are little browns? 

wv.jpg

Peak color has now moved down into the lower elevations (under 1,500ft down to the valley floor at 750ft).

This little hill in view tops out around 2,200ft.  But the foliage is now taking on that more uniform orange look of "past peak" but still colorful.  Just the variety of color has diminished as we move out of the "fruity pebble" stage.

2L8A2225-1-2.thumb.jpg.9d44bcc856509bce2c41111f496becc3.jpg

The Robinson Springs neighborhood of Stowe...

2L8A2247-1-2.thumb.jpg.bd2bcdb534d871b3eb14773c3ae44f2d.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, alex said:

Unfortunately seems like we’re moving fast past peak here. The color has lost some of its vibrancy and many trees are losing quite a few leaves. Wish we could make this season last longer!

It has happened incredibly quick.  Peak was probably Tuesday or Wednesday of last week and it's already going largely orange.  The bright reds seem done.  Luckily there's no big wind or rain in the forecast so we should hold the orange look for this week.  

If we got a good rainer or a breezy day, it would clear the trees out pretty quick IMO.

What's interesting is we still haven't had a frost and really the area has only had I think a couple days of 30s for mins.  The mountain summit hasn't hit freezing either.  But the leaves don't seem to care that it's really mild relative to normal.  They are moving along fast to go dormant for winter.  They can't fight the solar changes.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:21 AM, WxWatcher007 said:

Went to the Adirondacks this weekend and it didn’t disappoint.

All unedited shots:

VXbRNbh.jpg

uH47WhA.jpg

hMAApWM.jpg

nm9sfjP.jpg

M89sFXc.jpg

On 10/10/2021 at 11:43 AM, LaGrangewx said:

Indian Head was gorgeous yesterday. 

F7F493EB-5A9D-468B-84A0-1FC8E48F1D99.jpeg

On 10/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, alex said:

I’d say it’s past peak at this point for us (it’s more of a muted orange than the vibrant colors it was till a few days ago) but still pretty. And now walking in the woods is pretty too lol

3E9DA8C0-D00D-4561-BA75-6FDA063902A6.jpeg

3B4D6B5B-BA0C-449A-946A-BC98702C5149.jpeg

On 10/11/2021 at 7:06 AM, eyewall said:

Smugglers Notch 10.5.2021 and New Hampshire (The Kanc) 10.6.2021:

Kanc-web.jpg

sn3web.jpg

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just starting here

20211012_083005.jpg

Good morning. We sentients may have been able to recognize and appreciate natural beauty since becoming self aware. Even up to this time we have yet to create a match for this. I’ve been privileged to see these magnificent photos in the forums. I look at them and feel humbled and in awe. As always ….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowman21 said:

Some of you guys should be photographers. My pics never come out that nice.

I think myself, Eyewall and Jayhawk have all received compensation for photos in the past.  Could probably lump us into the "photographers" label, even if it is an expensive hobby that you just try to do it to cover costs of equipment as many do.  I don't know about the others but when I'm out hiking I usually have several thousand dollars in my backpack worth of camera/lenses.  I've shot stuff that ends up in brochures, on postcards, ski trail maps, etc.

2L8A2271-1-4.jpg.af8a3ce1ebbe14ac7918b7312794a142.jpg

2L8A2256-1-2.thumb.jpg.905701b4d5647568f461d94f6e34b3f8.jpg

• Like 4