• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

12 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Have you been up north to look?  Reports/maps for Maine, compiled from observations by Maine Forest Service rangers and foresters statewide, point to a week or less late.

It has not been as wet up your way so that makes sense as well. I'll be up there next weekend with my parents and family to close the cabin at Flying Pond, hopefully it's good color. 

2 hours ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

It has not been as wet up your way so that makes sense as well. I'll be up there next weekend with my parents and family to close the cabin at Flying Pond, hopefully it's good color. 

Should be near to slightly past peak, except for the abundant oaks in that area.

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

Have you been up north to look?  Reports/maps for Maine, compiled from observations by Maine Forest Service rangers and foresters statewide, point to a week or less late.

He’s trolling all of us lol.  Despite having ample poster coverage from this area to Phin/Alex to you… refuses to believe it.  Just like when his snow melts he tries to melt everyone else’s ;).

I think of “average” as about a 7-10 day period anyway.  Facebook reminds me of photos from past years every day and some are earlier than this year and some are later.  No idea how a date would be put on it.

This was 2013 or 14 on this date.  Looks identical to now.  The 2008 photos looked later.  Last year was solidly earlier.

BC24346D-D9EC-43B7-BF14-F74AA67111F4.jpeg.9704b94cf0fce39cc3173b227d57c40d.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

It certainly wouldn’t be surprising if there was something to the rainfall distribution and timing of color throughout the region.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:15 PM, alex said:

The mystery mist and low ceiling today was very scenic. Silver cascade was right at the edge of the cloud deck, with the top part disappearing into the fog. 

0BDD851F-5A97-4FC8-BF03-46B518DF8565.jpeg

I was on the other side of 302 as the foliage train passed over Willey Brook Trestle Saturday.  I was in and out of fog with rain falling.  Not to give the Rev more ammo, but it was surprising how green the notch still was.

1633358962402.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

I was on the other side of 302 as the foliage train passed over Willey Brook Trestle Saturday.  I was in and out of fog with rain falling.  Not to give the Rev more ammo, but it was surprising how green the notch still was.

1633358962402.jpg

I look forward to your train shots every fall dude. You’ve got to have some good dates to compare too.

25 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

1633358962402.jpg

Nice shot!

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I look forward to your train shots every fall dude. 

As do I

• Like 1

Unedited out of the camera (a little dark) from this morning in town.  This is low elevation (for around here, a tad below 1,000ft).

The reds are incredible right now.  Just a screen shot so not the highest quality, ha.  But if you like your foliage to be a mix of red/green, it's about as good as it gets now before it all goes red/orange.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.23aa71f80480a00484b81b26e287528f.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I look forward to your train shots every fall dude. You’ve got to have some good dates to compare too.

Thanks, Scott!  I have taken photos of this train every year for the past four years from the other side of the trestle, though not on the same day so it's difficult to compare, unlike the lake photo from CAR that Kev shared.

Dixville Notch is where I was at sunrise Saturday, and though I had no views atop Table Rock it was prime time peak colors down under the clouds 

1633361027746.jpg

• Like 3

Good morning all. The photos are magnificent. Looking at them I can almost breath in the fresh scent from these autumnal scenes. Some think of this as a time of dying. I look at the leaves transitioning to beauty and therefore leaving, with us, a promise of their return. As always ….

• Like 1