• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

7 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Peak seems like mid /late October NNE and mid late November SNE this year with the fall furnace and dews much of the time. So similar to 2011

Definitely not late October. It's changing pretty fast at this point. Seems pretty much normal to me. We've had some early years recently 

21 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Peak seems like mid /late October NNE and mid late November SNE this year with the fall furnace and dews much of the time. So similar to 2011

:lol:
Wait 50 years and assume the current rate of warming and you might be close.  We'll have >50% leaf drop by mid-Oct and by late month only the oaks will hold more than 1/4 of their leaves.

Showing significant (and dull) change here on maple/ash/basswood but only on leaves <25' from the ground.  Treetops remain mostly green.  Sept temp now 0.1° BN, will likely climb to AN in the days to come.  Sept RA of 4.14" is already 1/2" above the full month average - not sure how that will affect timing and vividness.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, radarman said:

Seems there may be something affecting the maples around here.  All across town the leaves are turning a dull green brown and drying up.  Looks awful.  Setting up for a dud foliage season locally.

In the valley spots around here as well it's really bad, lots of brown-ish/dull yellow with ALOT of leaves already down from fungus/stress or whatever.  I'm not going to full DIT and saying the whole season is shot just yet. I can't quite tell yet how the 1500-3000ft  hillside zone will be-may end of being OK there--too ealry to tell.

But, around town, its kid of fugly to be honest at the moment.

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I’m hoping the leaves are down by Christmas up here. I used your forecast to move some guests we had coming for the leaves. I told them to wait until Turkey Day at the earliest!

2-3 weeks late isn’t the end all be all . Delayed not denied . You just rake in Nov instead Oct up there 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, alex said:

Haha. Believe or not we get bookings from people who come in late October to see foliage. Always feel bad for them 

Yeah… my cousin was looking to go way north into either very northern NH or Western Maine the weekend after Columbus Day. I said you’re probably going to be looking at a lot of sticks lol

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, radarman said:

Seems there may be something affecting the maples around here.  All across town the leaves are turning a dull green brown and drying up.  Looks awful.  Setting up for a dud foliage season locally.

Noticeable here in Enfield as well and we've had a ton of rain, certain maple trees have just turned straight brown and started dropping like a plop in the bowl. 

27 minutes ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

Noticeable here in Enfield as well and we've had a ton of rain, certain maple trees have just turned straight brown and started dropping like a plop in the bowl. 

It’s a fungus the wet summer caused . There’s a scientific name I’ve seen . @wxmanmitch knows 

• Like 1