• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS thread for thunderstorms with heavy rain, possibly hail and damaging wind now til ~6AM Tuesday at the latest, mostly this Monday evening.

wdrag

• wdrag changed the title to OBS thread for thunderstorms with heavy rain, possibly hail and damaging wind now til ~6AM Tuesday at the latest, mostly this Monday evening.
  • IrishRob17 pinned this topic

Sampling of 1" amounts from wxunderground as of 910PM. nw NJ Belvidere to Hackettstown area. Think SPC did a very nice effort on picking this event out for PA/NJ,  AND so did the GFS almost cyclically. EC had some nice high TT and the 18z/13 NAM was quite eyeopening for NYC and NNJ-still on trop tidbits. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 9.13.36 PM.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

WOW. This is the most intense t-storm we've had in several years here. North wind gusting 60 to 70mph and pea sized hail. Can't remember seeing wind this strong from a t-storm here for a long time. You can barely see outside with the torrential rain blowing sideways. Lots of lightning too. Amazing storm.

Looking at my front door cam the lightning looks almost constant 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Looking at my front door cam the lightning looks almost constant 

Yeah, a ton of lightning. But the wind was the biggest story here. It's been a long time since a t-storm has delivered wind gusts over 60mph here. The pounding sound against the north side of my house (rain and hail) was incredible.  We were lucky to not lose power from this storm.