• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-22 Winter Discussion

Hoosier

Thanks for putting the lists together. Based on your 2nd year Nina analogs, rooting for winter 21/22 to be another winter of the crow. Caw, caw.

Cold/Wet Winters
2008-09: 22.4F & 10.32" (Moderate La Nina)*2nd Year
1984-85: 21.9F & 7.86" (Moderate La Nina)*2nd Year
1917-18: 21.0F & 7.81"
1886-87: 22.5F & 9.99"
1884-85: 22.2F & 9.40"
1882-83: 21.9F & 8.47"

10 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

Please, nobody shit down my trachea for mentioning something so far out, but there's some funny stuff happening on a lot of the models ~180 hours out. Just sayin'.

It looks like there's going to be a reservoir of cool/cold air around, so it's really going to come down to the details on system evolution as to whether something can come from it.  

There have been a number of out of season snows in the past several years (both early and late).  Certainly would be foolish to discount the possibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

Please, nobody shit down my trachea for mentioning something so far out, but there's some funny stuff happening on a lot of the models ~180 hours out. Just sayin'.

My guess is that the cold air presses in too much and the system gets sheared out under the confluence of the upper low, if it doesn't press enough enough then its rain anyways.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It looks like there's going to be a reservoir of cool/cold air around, so it's really going to come down to the details on system evolution as to whether something can come from it.  

There have been a number of out of season snows in the past several years (both early and late).  Certainly would be foolish to discount the possibility.

18zGfs says, what snow?

I’ve seen enough to suggest that at least part of the region will see their first flakes the first half of Nov with this upcoming cold shot. Maybe more than flakes for some areas? Shall see.

Should also see the first widespread freeze (even hard freeze) for many areas as well. EPO is going negative and will be driving things for a bit.

• Like 1