• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov/Dec 2021 Med/Long Range

nj2va

On a more serous note the GFS has been showing a good pattern that has a storm and some cold air. Over the past couple runs we have seen it produce some snow for us, while not likely at with it being 10 days out it is something to watch. It seems to be the first real thing to track this year but it is 10 days out.

10 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

On a more serous note the GFS has been showing a good pattern that has a storm and some cold air. Over the past couple runs we have seen it produce some snow for us, while not likely at with it being 10 days out it is something to watch. It seems to be the first real thing to track this year but it is 10 days out.

Agreed. I somewhat jokingly called it a threat window yesterday, but there is persistent model support to give us something trackable (by early season standards) for next week. Heck, you could call it two windows based on the 06z, which has a storm coming through on the 3rd and the 6th.

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

WB Euro Weeklies, Dreaming of a White Christmas …

3179EA63-AB50-4231-9A1E-3B1DFB6F970D.png

042FED77-A894-44C2-92FD-90B9BE828367.png

So...when do these weeklies get thrown in the trash heap? Lol I mean seriously, these things look absolutely useless to me (a more experienced mind can correct me here)...I mean are they just used to try and sniff out very general trends, or?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So...when do these weeklies get thrown in the trash heap? Lol I mean seriously, these things look absolutely useless to me (a more experienced mind can correct me here)...I mean are they just used to try and sniff out very general trends, or?

Nina's can be front loaded. Pac jet retraction combined with weaker early season PV together give some  credence to the weeklies portrayal. 

• nj2va changed the title to Nov/Dec 2021 Med/Long Range
  • H2O pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic