Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nov/Dec 2021 Med/Long Range

nj2va

• nj2va changed the title to October 2021 Med/Long Range
1 hour ago, high risk said:

We've gone from multiple inches of rain for the week ahead to 0.5-0.75" on the WPC maps.     To its credit, the GFS was never really on board with the Euro's big event.

As I mentioned above the Euro has been off its game for quite some time. Can you imagine if it was Winter and that was ❄️ never trust the  Euro! ( Unless there is multi model agreement).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Blech…pattern just is putrid for the next 10+ days. Deep west coast trough and we’re stuck in this muggy warm airmass. 

Snow is being talked about out West, and not only the mountain areas. 

Meanwhile the typical October robust WAR holds serve,  while warm Atlantic ocean temps remain over wide areas of the basin.

It can stay warmish until mid November for all I care...I'm a firm believer that if it gets cold too early we bounce warm at the wrong time. I'd rather risk staying warm vs hoping the cold holds when it does us no good. Snap into cold early December and let's have a festive holiday season. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

It can stay warmish until mid November for all I care...I'm a firm believer that if it gets cold too early we bounce warm at the wrong time. I'd rather risk staying warm vs hoping the cold holds when it does us no good. Snap into cold early December and let's have a festive holiday season. 

I think there’s something to that and I don’t totally disagree. But still want some warm day/cool nights with low humidity type of fall weather. That would still average AN as well.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

100%

• Like 2

5 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Best post of the thread so far

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

100%

Now we had this last year...with the torched November. But then we still didn't have a ton of cold air. I remember @psuhoffman suggesting that the warm November may have influenced what happened in January (blocking with lack of cold air). So...will it make a difference this time? That's the question...

9 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Now we had this last year...with the torched November. But then we still didn't have a ton of cold air. I remember @psuhoffman suggesting that the warm November may have influenced what happened in January (blocking with lack of cold air). So...will it make a difference this time? That's the question...

Continued warmth ahead .....for mid October 

Little by little is doesn't really matter whether the Pac is on our side or not.  Blocking in the AO and NAO domains doesn't gaurantee or foster snow any longer to the lower lattititudes, which includes us. In a general warming base state you will achieve less cold air intrusions with less severity when you start with  less available cold air, but also a not so conducive cryosphere to transport that cold air to lower lattitudes. 

Telleconnections do not work as they did before.  Analog years do not work as they did before. Data shows that less and less snow is falling in our area and in areas to our SW and South.   Get use to pathetic snowfall and warmth year around. 

mail (1).jpg

• Weenie 1

• nj2va changed the title to Nov/Dec 2021 Med/Long Range
  • H2O pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic