Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nov/Dec 2021 Med/Long Range

nj2va

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Maybe in mid January peak climo you could say that, but Nov 25-28? Nah .

Seems the last few years the best patterns for us never coincides with our best climo.

Last year when we thought we were going to get nailed by extreme cold and snow ( during the strong blocking episode ) the entire threat area shifted way SW leading to the crippling Texas snow/ice and severe cold outbreak. I believe the block shifted West and we were left with scraps.      

• Like 1

It is somewhat ironic that we would mention peak climo since that is an accumulation of the pattern leading up.

This is what I call a cold air ejection pattern which are AGW wavelengths unsuitable for good winters. Too much of what used to be our friend in the golden years of the 2000s and early 2010s.

• Weenie 1

Regarding Tuesday's storm (threat), seems like our best chance is definitely something weird happening on the backend -- not sure exactly what that is (CCB might be the term I'm looking for) but it's how the ens members that do, both EPS and GEFS, get us somewhere. For those with GEFS access, p29 looks nearly identical to the 12z EURO run 2 days ago.

Probably a 1-1000 shot, but why not keep an eye on it anyway?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Regarding Tuesday's storm (threat), seems like our best chance is definitely something weird happening on the backend -- not sure exactly what that is (CCB might be the term I'm looking for) but it's how the ens members that do, both EPS and GEFS, get us somewhere. For those with GEFS access, p29 looks nearly identical to the 12z EURO run 2 days ago.

Probably a 1-1000 shot, but I've got nothing more pressing to do than monitor it.

I suppose we are not in op range just yet.  seems like each run of the op has muted the deepness of the trough.  at least it looks somewhat interesting for now.

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I haven’t seen the ensemble members, but I’m guessing some sort of trailing waves along the front? 

Still think flurries next Tuesday are quite possible, at least for the N/W crew with that lake enhanced cold air. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I haven’t seen the ensemble members, but I’m guessing some sort of trailing waves along the front? 

Still think flurries next Tuesday are quite possible, at least for the N/W crew with that lake enhanced cold air. 

A snow squally event could be fun - even with no accumulation locally. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

We always get screwed on the backend.. hurts just thinking about it

• Like 1

• nj2va changed the title to Nov/Dec 2021 Med/Long Range
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic