Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov/Dec 2021 Med/Long Range

nj2va

3 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

I don’t think there have been any really extreme digital events this season from what I can remember so far. Maybe that’s a good thing though, as it may show improvement.

I’m just commenting that “following “ anything beyond 7 days is just not real. Sure, anything can happen, but just like with the last “event”, they are extremely likely to just disappear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

That one is heading to Sault Ste Marie.

The heights here are almost 570. I think sun screen would get more use than a snow shovel lol.

Not that it's worth talking about for obvious reasons but I meant the overall pattern. Of course heights are going to be higher in Nov than January or December. I just liked the block on the map. PNA ridge axis still too far west on that map, but it's close to the type of look we'd want come winter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I know even in fantasy land we get screwed.

Its not even worth real analysis but I’d be very pleased if things progressed that way. A bunch of cutters in mid November slowly establishing lower heights and cold to our northwest which looks poised to press towards late November is ideal. You want a perfect pattern now when it won’t do us any good?  Let this thing slowly develop and maybe we get some snow the very end of November and early December when it’s still difficult but at least less crazy stupid unlikely. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Its not even worth real analysis but I’d be very pleased if things progressed that way. A bunch of cutters in mid November slowly establishing lower heights and cold to our northwest which looks poised to press towards late November is ideal. You want a perfect pattern now when it won’t do us any good?  Let this thing slowly develop and maybe we get some snow the very end of November and early December when it’s still difficult but at least less crazy stupid unlikely. 

Was happy with how the pattern looked too but still found it funny that we would get missed by 50 miles. Though would like to see this pattern set up a week or two later as you said then we could get into December with it and probably get some actual snow.

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Imagine if we had that look a month later?   Weather this week looks fantastic btw.  Could sneak a few 70s too.

That look a month later would end in heartbreak. A NS system coming across at that high a latitude has typical mid Atlantic screw job written all over it.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

• nj2va changed the title to Nov/Dec 2021 Med/Long Range
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic