Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
RippleEffect

4 minutes ago, Maureen said:

Indeed.

My ignore list continues to grow. 

No need to ignore people who are no longer with us.  :D

He had the opportunity to share his thoughts in OT.   He didn't like the some of the responses he was getting which led him to start tossing out slurs and threats.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rjay said:

He had the opportunity to share his thoughts in OT.   He didn't like the some of the responses he was getting which led him to start tossing out slurs and threats.  

you don't get anywhere with slurs and threats...that's the problem now if people don't agree with each other...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, uncle W said:

that's a scary place...

Agreed Unc. I prefer scary places that I know are pretend. The one I remember is the fright ride at Seaside Heights NJ when I was an 8 year old over 66 years ago. It scared me dung-less.  My father, an army and navy vet thought it would be a good idea for me the take the ride alone. He assured me he would be waiting. Of course my mom, who arrived on the scene after the ride started looked at my pale visage when I came out, hugged me and bought me the largest cotton candy on a stick that I can remember. My mom handed me over to my grandmother ( families seemed to travel together then ) and asked my father to step away with her for a moment. My father, as I recollect, was quite subdued after that. I’m sure the few moments Of ‘angry Sicilian mother’ quality time was not pleasant. I did feel bad for my father, you see I was the one who insisted on going on the ride.
As always …

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rjay said:

Damn dude, did ya murder the guy?

• Haha 6

22 hours ago, GrindOutWins said:

I thought getting the vaccine was what one had to do in order to demonstrate that they care about others. Now, we have to continue to isolate ourselves and let each other "be", even after vaccination? Why? Either the vaccine prevents the illness or it does not. 

In fairness, I do think GrindOutWins has a point. 

The vaccines do have some risk of serious side effects, so if they do not keep one from being infectious and do not protect against future infections, they may not be fit for the purpose. I recognize the claims that they reduce the risk of dying if infected, but that is a thin reed to lean on imho.

• Weenie 2

53 minutes ago, etudiant said:

In fairness, I do think GrindOutWins has a point. 

The vaccines do have some risk of serious side effects, so if they do not keep one from being infectious and do not protect against future infections, they may not be fit for the purpose. I recognize the claims that they reduce the risk of dying if infected, but that is a thin reed to lean on imho.

All vaccines that have ever been made have worked this way.

9 hours ago, Rjay said:

The problem with OT is, there's a lot of arguing and name calling that goes on there.  It feels very jarring to be in there lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

Still never seen one. 

oh, you will.

i'm not really sure what is supposed to stop their march north.  tree-of-heaven can be found throughout SNE and it's not like our climate is that different.  there's no natural predators yet.

they are an amazingly prolific bug when they get a foothold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will - Rutgers said:

oh, you will.

i'm not really sure what is supposed to stop their march north.  tree-of-heaven can be found throughout SNE and it's not like our climate is that different.  there's no natural predators yet.

they are an amazingly prolific bug when they get a foothold.

Think most bugs are that way, amazingly prolific. The trick is to find their natural predator and take it in simultaneously.

The problem is when the 'natural predator' finds some hugely more attractive local prey species. Then you have both the new pest and the new unchecked predator. Look up mongoose and tree rats in Hawaii for a cautionary tale.

I won't go to Australia and cane toads, because Australia has absolutely the worlds record for incompetent biological management. Their efforts there are unblemished by success afaik.

• Like 2

• Rjay unpinned this topic