• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
RippleEffect

• Rjay pinned this topic

thank you for asking.  my summer was great.  it was one insane weather event after another.  had a good time doing lightning photography.  the dew points were horrible but ultimately a necessary evil to enable the storms we got to see.

on the downside, many of my posts this summer received weenies.  i will not forget such grave insults.  revenge will be taken on the offenders in alphabetical order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

Just now, Will - Rutgers said:

thank you for asking.  my summer was great.  it was one insane weather event after another.  had a good time doing lightning photography.  the dew points were horrible but ultimately a necessary evil to enable the storms we got to see.

on the downside, many of my posts this summer received weenies.  i will not forget such grave insults.  revenge will be taken on the offenders in alphabetical order.

Consider it an honor to be weenied by rtd

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RippleEffect said:

Meteorological fall is here everyone. Enjoy the last few weeks of nice weather before it starts cooling down. How was your summer?

Good evening RE. It had it ups, daughters and grandkids and it’s downs, main building drain pipe split, roof gutter failed, the burner had to be replaced and I failed to close the lavatory door at shower time. As a result my mirror didn’t steam and I had to endure three cats laughing their third eyes off. If it wasn’t for the forums keeping my cognitive abilities at somewhat normal levels I would have really been fornicated. As always …..

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Will, it’s the anticipation of that revenge that gets some weenies going. I’m not sure if that came out right but you know wha I mean. As always …..

2 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Consider it an honor to be weenied by rtd

Good evening Sl74, I wonder if rtd carves notches on his rolls. As always ….

Hello Julian. I’m trying to make a connection between the two. I’m almost there.  I’m just afraid of what the conclusion might do to me. As always ….

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

One day this summer I got stung by a wasp, but it was ok because I had some watermelon on one of the other 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nibor said:

I had high hopes that this summer would lift me out of the spiral of existential dread but all that’s happened is a steepening of the slope. 

try malt liquor

4 hours ago, rclab said:

Will, it’s the anticipation of that revenge that gets some weenies going. I’m not sure if that came out right but you know wha I mean. As always …..

i am pretty sure Freud wrote something about this

3 hours ago, rclab said:

I’m curious, Will. His face looks fine, so is it his garb? His hair? His handkerchief placement? As always ….

he is gray in both appearance and demeanor

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

Growing sweet corn this year was one of the best decisions I've ever made. So, so much better than store-bought, even from local sources. When you snap an ear off the stalk and bake it within the hour, it's like eating caramel.

You're missing out. This stuff eats great right off the cob, no need to heat.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Growing sweet corn this year was one of the best decisions I've ever made. So, so much better than store-bought, even from local sources. When you snap an ear off the stalk and bake it within the hour, it's like eating caramel.

i've never thought to bake corn, that sounds pretty good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doncat said:

Yeah just poorly written...failing to mention that the heavy rain tornado threat is from a separate system. Again as with most journalists nowadays, no effort to investigate and get the facts right.

Don't blame the journalists, they get paid a pittance and are on relentless production deadlines so they produce makeshift stuff. The quality control editing that used to be there got cut to save costs.

Stripped of their want ads income, newspapers are generally unprofitable, so they have become vanity properties for rich owners such as Bezos or Carlos Slim, guys who do not like to spend too much.

• Like 2

• Rjay unpinned this topic