• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

I can confirm that the first snowfall of the season is underway.  Interestingly, as it began the temp rose from 32 to 34 where it is right now.  However, part of my cement patio that does not get any sun is covered in white!  Flakes are decent size, too.  Let's see if I can make it to 1/2" by morning.

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@CarlislePaWx

Any snow yet in your neighborhood yet?

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

I can confirm that the first snowfall of the season is underway.  Interestingly, as it began the temp rose from 32 to 34 where it is right now.  However, part of my cement patio that does not get any sun is covered in white!  Flakes are decent size, too.  Let's see if I can make it to 1/2" by morning.

Great! That means it should begin in Marysville shortly!

Well that was a short-lived event...lol.  Less than 3 hours.  The echoes are breaking up over Cumberland county now which has almost brought the snow to a halt.  It's just a super-fine mist of snow.  The temperature dropped to 32.0 degrees just before midnight.  However, outside all grassy surfaces and mulch surfaces and car tops have a solid coating.  I don't think I would be exaggerating when I say that 0.3" has officially fallen.  It's now midnight, so at least a trace will be recorded for the 28th.  Even this small coating looks beautiful, especially in front of my Christmas lights on the shrubs and 1 small tree.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

On a totally different side-note, I continue to monitor temperatures up in Fairbanks.  They've been having some pretty extreme cold (for November) there over the last few weeks.  The temperature has only risen above zero, to +2F, for 2 hours early afternoon on the 26th.  Other than that they have been continuously below zero both day and night for the last 10 days.  Many days have had high temps only in the negative teen!  The forecast for Sunday night is an unbelievable -36 degrees F.  That temp is also very close to -36 degrees C as well.  The warmest day forecast for the next 7 days is -7F with lows in the minus 20's.  I'll have to ask my nephew in the air force up there if last winter was anything like this cold in November. 

• Like 2