• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

Here is my point & click for tonight. It will be nice to see a solid coating of snow if this verifies.

Tonight
Snow, mainly between 9pm and 1am. Low around 31. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. 
Sunday
A slight chance of snow before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The GFS and HRRR definitely favor the northern areas of the LSV vs. south.  The NAM still has it as a non event. The HRRR seems to most ambitious with 1-2" in the mid and upper LSV. 

image.png.ad066061347b652481179deef13ab2c8.png

Yes, I think north of Rt.30 or turnpike on north has the best shot at the better “heavy” coatings of snow.

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, I think north of Rt.30 or turnpike on north has the best shot at the better “heavy” coatings of snow.

My first personal forecast of the season

Paw Paw, WV: T

Todd, PA: 1/2-1"

Coffin Rock Fire Tower: 2-4"

Coffin Rock Church: 1-3"

Pillow, PA: 1/2-1"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@losetoa6

I found some modeled snow for you just over the border in northern MD courtesy of the GEFS & ARW.

HRRR gives him the same as the Wurf (not exactly solid company to be in though).   That would get the highlands envy on the MA board started off right proper for the season.    

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mahantango#1 said:

We shall see, one thing the ground has cooled of a lot imo the last few days. 

Seems to me that every model I looked at, except the Nam and Icon, has you in this range.  In addition it is at night.   Certainly would not be a surprise if you got zip or a T though.   This is a pretty weak event as modeled.   Hardly makes an indention on the isobars.   I will not be home during the 12Z runs so will miss out on the chance for my every 6 hour do-over like the real mets.