• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

In honor of WGAL's winter forecast tonight, I got a sneak peek and here' what they're going to say: (winter snow totals)

Rouzerville: 37"

Cashtown: 38.68321"

Canderson: 29" with lots of drifting from strong winds

Carlisle: 34" on 3.0002 QPF

Summerdale: 31" and a 6 pack

Marysville: 31", but with an included bonus snow map for November 2022

Palmyra: 31.5" with disappointment because the Euro promised 62"

Maytown: 25"

Nutstown: 27"

Superstorm: 23" with 1" of ice

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In honor of WGAL's winter forecast tonight, I got a sneak peek and here' what they're going to say: (winter snow totals)

As long as I get more than bubbler.  He stole way too much of my snow last year 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I want my 62"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanks Chief. 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

How much for Pillow?

I think there’s light snow chances to be had in this short-medium range pattern that sets up behind the main shortwave and attending frontal passage Thurs night into Fri. Temp wise it looks like we’re going to have a solidly below average regime at least into the middle of next week after Thanksgiving. Models imply a northern branch dominated storm pattern and have shown that one or more of these fast moving shortwaves could produce some kind of a light event. Case in point today’s 12z Euro/12z Canadian for the period around Sunday/Sunday night, which both showed a weak northern branch low redeveloping on the coast (Euro was a bit south of the area and Canadian tracked the low across a little high). Something to keep an eye on…. Not really a big hitter look for us by any means but a 1-3” type deal that runs through with one of those embedded shortwaves is easily within the realm of realistic possibility.

Regardless, I think we’re in a okay spot as it’s only late November. I mentioned in my last post several days ago I didn’t think we were ready for any kind of established deep winter pattern yet and it seems like it’ll be a work in progress getting into the early part of December (teleconnections don’t look as great after mid week next week). Nothing that’s really out of the ordinary, though. This time of the year is often a transitional and very changeable period. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well done!

I was just recently thinking that it is almost time for one of your “Day in the Life” of the Central PA forum with the setting being on the day before a Winter storm hitting us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

I think there’s light snow chances to be had in this short-medium range pattern that sets up behind the main shortwave and attending frontal passage Thurs night into Fri. Temp wise it looks like we’re going to have a solidly below average regime at least into the middle of next week after Thanksgiving. Models imply a northern branch dominated storm pattern and have shown that one or more of these fast moving shortwaves could produce some kind of a light event. Case in point today’s 12z Euro/12z Canadian for the period around Sunday/Sunday night, which both showed a weak northern branch low redeveloping on the coast (Euro was a bit south of the area and Canadian tracked the low across a little high). Something to keep an eye on…. Not really a big hitter look for us by any means but a 1-3” type deal that runs through with one of those embedded shortwaves is easily within the realm of realistic possibility.

Regardless, I think we’re in a okay spot as it’s only late November. I mentioned in my last post several days ago I didn’t think we were ready for any kind of established deep winter pattern yet and it seems like it’ll be a work in progress getting into the early part of December (teleconnections don’t look as great after mid week next week). Nothing that’s really out of the ordinary, though. This time of the year is often a transitional and very changeable period. 

I would certainly take a light event to get on the board or just see first snow flakes of the season here in the LSV.