Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Warm Thanksgiving, chilly most other times over the next week.  No real snow threats for the LSV.  The 384 cutter is in the Mid West now (GFS).  Warm up at the end of the GFS as the SER sets up for a bit. 

Lot of time to work out the details. 18z 12/7 temp for me went from 21 on the 0z run to 69 on the 6z run.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Low placement made a big jump North West.  The ridge seems like it may be an issue either way right now.  

Agreed, nearly every run has some degree of warmth in PA at some point during that period. Not ready to throw in the towel on winter before it even starts, but it seems it’ll be an uphill battle to get a good or even average season.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Agreed, nearly every run has some degree of warmth in PA at some point during that period. Not ready to throw in the towel on winter before it even starts, but it seems it’ll be an uphill battle to get a good or even average season.

Yea, I am just talking PBP's and not winter in general. If a warm first week of December happens that is just one week.    The law of "cold averages" would be working against us at that point as by then we would have had a lot of below normal days. Seems we rarely get more than 2-3 weeks of BN at a time. 

I was an aspiring journalist back in the early 1980s. Kim came in and spoke to our journalism class. I won't go into great detail or saying anything too disparaging, but let's just say that she wasn't very encouraging to a teen who had a passion to become a sportswriter. 40 years later and that is my unfortunate personal experience with Kim Lemon. 

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

We had such a good winter last year, I'm not going to be unhappy if we have a meh one this season. It is what it is. 

Always best to go in with low expectations and high hopes. 

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still early.  Winter may not end up being a Kim Lemon. Could be a Christine Ferreira.

There was a time I was sorta partial to Janelle Stelson. I'm probably showing my age. :)