Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes, yes they do. A noon kick in November with not much to play for against Rutgers should lead to quite a sad looking student section. I on the other hand will be breathlessly hanging on to every play, like some sort of fanatical weirdo. One day I’ll grow out of this. 

Not sure about that. :) I'm 56 and watching pathetic possession after posession. I don't remember the last time I missed a game. 

19 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Another below normal day in the books yesterday at MDT.

This was the 13th below normal day of the month so far.
MDT is currently at a -1 temperature departure for the month. With the current forecast, I think there is a good chance of finishing below normal for the month.

Take us home Blizz.   I agree its looks good for a negative departure.  Only three prospective A.N. high days on the latest GFS.  Today is one of them with low 50's on the GFS and HRRR both of which have translated a bit higher for HIA all year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Take us home Blizz.   I agree its looks good for a negative departure.  Only three prospective A.N. high days on the latest GFS.  Today is one of them with low 50's on the GFS and HRRR both of which have translated a bit higher for HIA all year. 

Thanksgiving day looks to be another of three. Potentially well into the 50s before cooling off again for Friday. 

Seldom post because my meteorological knowledge is limited and so don’t have much to contribute. But do enjoy lurking and picking up info.

However, this has lately been a lot about temperatures and conditions and it’s always interesting to see the wide range across the area. And there’s never much posted from Truly Central PA :)

Current temp is 39ºand overcast (down from a high of 42º). Had a brief sleet shower when the front went through earlier. Temp has been falling since. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

Anything new on the models over the weekend? 

Warm Thanksgiving, chilly most other times over the next week.  No real snow threats for the LSV.  The 384 cutter is in the Mid West now (GFS).  Warm up at the end of the Euro and in the mid 200's of the GFS as the SER sets up for a bit as well as the extreme cutter. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Warm Thanksgiving, chilly most other times over the next week.  No real snow threats for the LSV.  The 384 cutter is in the Mid West now (GFS).  Warm up at the end of the Euro and in the mid 200's of the GFS as the SER sets up for a bit as well as the extreme cutter. 

Dang Southeast ridge.