Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PS, the HRRR has your back.  Actually says you should have been 37.  Still gets you to 70 (probably higher since it is seemingly always too low for you). 

Once this fog burns off I'm sure I'll spike quicker than a Gronk touchdown. Only concern is that this late in fall it can take a lot longer to burn through this than during late summer. 

12 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I do...lol

I just saw your show the other night.  

I'm Mr. green Christmas
I'm Mr. Sun.
I'm Mr. Heat Blister
I'm Mr. One Hundred and one
They call me Heat Miser
Whatever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch.
I'm too much!

I never wanna know a day
That's under 60 degrees.
I'd rather have it
80, 90, 100 degrees!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

We may break the 70 barrier like Herschel Walker bulldogging through defenders. 67 at 11 AM. 

Lots of great backs from the SEC over my lifetime, I have Herschel and Bo as my top 2 to watch. 

Up to 54. Interestingly, after a full hour of sun I only gained 5 degrees. I've added 4 more degrees in the past 10 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

10 miles to your northeast, I'm at 50. 

Kind of amazed at how much cooler it still is in your area! I saw that just an hour ago you were still at 45. The temp did go up pretty quickly but you’re usually at least a degree or two warmer than here.  

Up to 63 here now; an Ambient station about 2 miles north (just outside John Rudy park) is pushing 64.

Just now, Streak said:

Kind of amazed at how much cooler it still is in your area! I saw that just an hour ago you were still at 45. The temp did go up pretty quickly but you’re usually at least a degree or two warmer than here.  

Up to 63 here now; an Ambient station about 2 miles north (just outside John Rudy park) is pushing 64.

Temp is starting to climb more rapidly now. I have a lot of ground to make up. :) 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lots of great backs from the SEC over my lifetime, I have Herschel and Bo as my top 2 to watch. 

Up to 54. Interestingly, after a full hour of sun I only gained 5 degrees. I've added 4 more degrees in the past 10 minutes. 

And yes of course it was SEC I was thinking of when I brought up Herschel. ;)

I suspect you get within 5 degrees of me before its all done. You started out 20 below my start. 

Nothing but 100% sunshine so far today.  Unfortunately, my weather station is located in the shade because it is on the north-facing side of my home.  From about a week ago the sun's progressively lowering angle keeps me in the shade the entire day.  I won't go back to partial sun coverage until the end of January.  Frustrating, but that's the layout of my property, which is the middle unit of 3 townhouses with a small back yard.  Only option would be to put it up on my roof, which I would never do since the roof would contaminate the high temps anyway.  All that to say it's only 59 now, but in the shade.  I'm sure you could tack on 3 or 4 more degrees if it were in the sun.  I can at least take solace that my low temperatures are accurate all year long.

• Like 1

I hit 35 last night and awoke this morning to near-zero visibility fog.  Now full sun and 62.  Looking forward to this potent little cold front sweeping through this evening and then the lake effect machine kicks on briefly for our friends in NW PA.  Nothing too crazy but someone up there will pop six inches (no dirty jokes).

• Like 1