Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Coldest day of the season by far over here....topped out at 40 but now down to 34 with a wind chill of 22

44 here for the high.   My Rainwise station crashed so I’m putting that out of service permanently.   I just bought the weather link for my VP2 and my plan is to have that online tomorrow or Wednesday 

• Like 1

The 0z EPS has a great looking pattern for the last week of November with blocking up top, ridge in the west and the trough in the east. If this look holds, we will soon be tracking winter storm chances in our region.

Here is the the week 2 look and the look at day 15 at the end of the 15 day run as we begin December.

DB63F673-5EA0-4DF6-B2C5-623D3B97F84D.png

C3CB28FA-B8FE-4E67-BF85-2CC703F287F4.png

54 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z EPS has a great looking pattern for the last week of November with blocking up top, ridge in the west and the trough in the east. If this look holds, we will soon be tracking winter storm chances in our region.

Here is the the week 2 look and the look at day 15 at the end of the 15 day run as we begin December.

DB63F673-5EA0-4DF6-B2C5-623D3B97F84D.png

C3CB28FA-B8FE-4E67-BF85-2CC703F287F4.png

that sure is a nice look.  Been away for a while and just getting back into the swing of things.  Thanks for making my Tuesday start out well.

• Like 1

saw 28 frosty degrees just outside of town on way to work.  Yesterday and today feel great.  True late autumn weather and new woodstove is burning. 

Midweek warmup is how autumn rolls, but if the Blizz maps have any verification, it will really feel like the holiday season.  I'm down w/ that.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The sun never came out here which was probably part of the reason.  I just came in from outside and its winter brutal out.  Low 20's wind chill is a bit of a shock. 

I'll gladly vouch for this - 

When I was a kid, my father drove the turnpike a lot as he had work clients out in the Pittsburgh area. He would often comment how the weather would change drastically at times when exiting east or west out of some of the tunnels. That was my experience yesterday - from the time I left Pittsburgh until I reached the Blue Mountain tube the temp was between 32 and 37 for the entire route. Immediately after exiting east out of Blue Mountain, the temp spiked to the low to mid 40s with peaks of sun. (it was snowing/grauple entering the tunnel from the west) My son was like...what happened to the snow?

• Like 1