Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

54 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Frosty Friday - I had to scrape at 5am to get to work. Left at 8am to go across campus only to find my car encased in frost a 2nd time. 

I have remote start on my new Jeep. First time for me, but what a great feature. I can start it from the bedroom while I'm getting dressed, and by the time I leave it's toasty warm and the frost is melted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

29 this morning when I left for work.

Delayed but certainly not denied - I don't recall the first frost/freeze of the season being followed by another...and another...and another.

Growing season is done. :) 

agreed.  I saw 28 3 days in a row.  Thought my digital car thermometer was stuck.....lol.

I'm happy to see growning season done, but more happy to see skeeters, ticks other pesty bugs dead.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Indian Summer is blunted (though next weekend is pretty toasty) on the CMC this AM.  Maybe a tad blunted on the GFS but still there.  Euro is all ahead for heat. 

Hoping it doesnt get crazy warm..plenty of time for changes....32 op runs to view....good or bad. :P

No matter, I just want a dry weekend.  Thats all I'm asking for. 

26 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Hoping it doesnt get crazy warm..plenty of time for changes....32 op runs to view....good or bad. :P

No matter, I just want a dry weekend.  Thats all I'm asking for. 

Looks like a good bet with a high centered over us at least until Sunday late...only fly skeeter in the ointment would be if the late weekend coastal goes father west than progged.  Nam is close to raining on you. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

you need to do that fall mowing, with a frosty beverage?

woudnt have it any other way....

Truth told, i'm headed to cabin on Monday night and have friends and my son/his friends coming up for some time afield and just being together.  Seems to rain whenever we are up there for a weekend.  Worse things for sure, but I'm old enough to not enjoy sitting in a treestand while raining and 40 deg. is no longer the "fun" it used to be.  I'll do it, but rather begrudgingly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Streak said:

Sounds great but I think the frosty beverage disqualifies it as a “dry” weekend :beer:

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

you make a valid point...

He obviously struck his head and isn't thinking clearly. @canderson is gonna get us some madelf.

It does look dry to me (weather) though! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

He obviously struck his head and isn't thinking clearly. @canderson is gonna get us some madelf.

It does look dry to me (weather) though! 

i'll be picking some up this weekend, most definitely! I'm having a month dry that ends Thanksgiving day and then expect a bender until Christmas lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

12z GFS and especially CMC both make @Itstrainingtime’s Steeler Sunday next weekend look pretty raw. CMC has the 18z temp at 31.

CMC is also still a little less "severe" with Indian Summer next week.  Some 60's but not the 5 days of mid to upper 60's like the GFS.  As expected the EC just came in more GFS than CMC including a low 70's day next week (MDT). 

• Like 1