Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Oh my yes! Mid November to the end of the year is my absolute favorite time of the year for many reasons, but very early darkness is right at the top. To me, early sunset = wintery feel. 

That is true but it is the end of evening tennis/working outside and feeling like you can accomplish anything after work.    Just personal opinion. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is true but it is the end of evening tennis/working outside and feeling like you can accomplish anything after work.    Just personal opinion. 

Completely understand - this is the hardest time of the year to get our river walks in, which are super important to us. Definitely some schedule challenges right now. 

Snow in December...I love the fact that if it stops around 3pm, we only have another hour tops before melting is halted. I hate March snow when it stops mid afternoon and you have to agonize for several more hours of melting before the sun sets. 

Yes, I'm weird. I know this. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Completely understand - this is the hardest time of the year to get our river walks in, which are super important to us. Definitely some schedule challenges right now. 

Snow in December...I love the fact that if it stops around 3pm, we only have another hour tops before melting is halted. I hate March snow when it stops mid afternoon and you have to agonize for several more hours of melting before the sun sets. 

Yes, I'm weird. I know this. 

I totally understand the March thing.   Not only dealing with the longer "daytime" in March but also the warm mongers on parade,  giddy with enthusiasm that spring is near, are down talking the snow as well.  Ha.   Plus in Dec we have the holiday's in front of us when in March we have summer in front of us. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Unfortunately for cold mongers, MDT is in the Mid 60's around late lunch time 3 days on the GFS.  All are potential 70 days verbatim.    CMC as well though different days. 

What’s the general consensus here? Early week warmup ->weak cold frontal passage ->late week warmup -> decisive cold frontal passage?

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I totally understand the March thing.   Not only dealing with the longer "daytime" in March but also the warm mongers on parade,  giddy with enthusiasm that spring is near, are down talking the snow as well.  Ha.   Plus in Dec we have the holiday's in front of us when in March we have summer in front of us. 

Yes...I truly do love snow, but unlike some, there are times when I like it a whole lot better than others. 4" of snow in December to me is better than triple that in mid March. Not that I don't get excited about snow in March, but there's that realization that you better enjoy it immediately 'cause it won't be hanging around long. Snow early in the season has the advantage of shorter days and low sun angle, throw in the holidays and it's pretty special. (and the hope that there's more to come)

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Oh my yes! Mid November to the end of the year is my absolute favorite time of the year for many reasons, but very early darkness is right at the top. To me, early sunset = wintery feel. 

I dont know why some of us wierdos love a dull and cool/cold late november day....but man I sure do.  For me I think it's the lead up to the holiday season....and the best time for snow to stick.  I know it defy's normal thinking of bright and sunny days, but it's probably my most enjoyable time of year. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

What’s the general consensus here? Early week warmup ->weak cold frontal passage ->late week warmup -> decisive cold frontal passage?

I will go out on the limb and try to interpret what the models are suggesting.   MDT hits 65 at least twice next week.  Forecast is locked in (not locked in to be right just locked in). 

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes...I truly do love snow, but unlike some, there are times when I like it a whole lot better than others. 4" of snow in December to me is better than triple that in mid March. Not that I don't get excited about snow in March, but there's that realization that you better enjoy it immediately 'cause it won't be hanging around long. Snow early in the season has the advantage of shorter days and low sun angle, throw in the holidays and it's pretty special. (and the hope that there's more to come)

We were cut from the same cloth...its how I've always thought about late fall/early winter.  Its the best

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

So does the CMC but then Sat both CMC and Euro tout higher temps again before the next front so its along the lines of your other post...a bit up and down...where as the GFS is 3 straight days of warm. 

GFS Op vs ensemble

gfs_T2m_us_31.png

GEPS is the warmer of the 2 ens, so I put it here to show that I'm not trying to wishcast.  GEFS is 49 over our area.

gfs-ens_T2m_us_31.png

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

GFS Op vs ensemble

GEPS is the warmer of the 2 ens, so I put it here to show that I'm not trying to wishcast.  GEFS is 49 over our area.

Yea, Thursday is the big question mark right now.  But as Tim mentioned, the warmth could come right back again for Fri and Sat before the real cold front comes through.  Going to be an interesting temp week.   A few of the later week days have records in the low 70's...may have to keep an eye on that. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

We were cut from the same cloth...its how I've always thought about late fall/early winter.  Its the best

I'm the same, Since i was a youngster. Nothing like being in the woods on a cool late fall day, early winter. It even smells different right?  Toss in a December 5th snow and we're golden!

As much as I'm a summer hang by the pool, by far Thanksgiving and Christmas are hands down the best. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I dont know why some of us wierdos love a dull and cool/cold late november day....but man I sure do.  For me I think it's the lead up to the holiday season....and the best time for snow to stick.  I know it defy's normal thinking of bright and sunny days, but it's probably my most enjoyable time of year. 

Yep...

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm the same, Since i was a youngster. Nothing like being in the woods on a cool late fall day, early winter. It even smells different right?  Toss in a December 5th snow and we're golden!

As much as I'm a summer hang by the pool, by far Thanksgiving and Christmas are hands down the best. 

See....told ya I'm in good company.  Nothing like raking(mowing) leaves on a fall day w/ a beer that stays cold (actually they never get warm in my hands :) ) or bringing wood down.  Going in for homemade soup and watching a game late afternoon....Its the good stuff IMO.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just a couple of Neanderthals?  LOL 

16 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

then i consider myself in good company....

I've got thick skin, can take a joke, and have been called far worse.  NBD

If either of you (or anyone else) watched the show "Monk" that was on years ago - those who know me best call me Adrian. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

See....told ya I'm in good company.  Nothing like raking(mowing) leaves on a fall day w/ a beer that stays cold (actually they never get warm in my hands :) ) or bringing wood down.  Going in for homemade soup and watching a game late afternoon....Its the good stuff IMO.

Absofrickinglutly....................this weekend is the beginning of the end.

• Like 1